What is "ThrottleLiftCutThreshold"?

Discuss anything tuning related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

TopJimmy

What is "ThrottleLiftCutThreshold"?

Post by TopJimmy »

I'm using TunerPro RT to configure a BIN file for a Motiv Reflex+ controller.
The Motiv is controlling additional port injection on a BMW S55 engine.
In the "PI fuel cut off" section we have the flag ThrottleLiftCutEnable set.
The default value for ThrottleLiftCutThreshold is 35.

What is the ThrottleLiftCutThreshold value based on?
Perhaps it looks for me to lift pedal 35% (from 100% down to 64%) to trigger fuel cutoff?
Who knows for sure?
turbohugh

Re: What is "ThrottleLiftCutThreshold"?

Post by turbohugh »

I think it works by detecting voltages and gives you a threshold to shut off the additional injectors on throttle cut. Batch/sequential injection you wouldn't want them spraying during a shift or decel. You may need to adjust that to match the threshold on your TPS / throttle maps . At least that's how it's used for my setup. Dialing it in to match the main injector/throttle behavior. FWIW I'm on a N54 e90 with BMP Port injection and Motiv Reflex+ controlling my PI fueling. If you're using it along with a DME/MHD tune you may want to talk with the tuner so you can dial in compatible settings.
charliejone

Re: What is "ThrottleLiftCutThreshold"?

Post by charliejone »

The ThrottleLiftCutThreshold value in the "PI fuel cut off" section of TunerPro RT is typically based on a percentage of the throttle pedal position. In this case, with a default value of 35, it means that when the throttle pedal is lifted to approximately 35% of its full travel (from 100%fnf down to 64%), the fuel cutoff will be triggered.