Open multiple TunerPro instances

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

Cougar281

Open multiple TunerPro instances

Post by Cougar281 »

Is there a way one could open multiple instances of TunerPro? When I try, I get a message saying it's already running. There are some cases where it's very helpful to have more than one open. In my case, I want to compare and copy/paste data from a tune on one strategy to a tune on a different but similar strategy. It's not too bad comparing on different machines when you're talking about a few values, but when you're looking to copy entire tables, such as MAF scale tables, it becomes a little more of a pain. If there's no way now, might that ability be able to be added? Either that, or maybe a way to compare tunes of two different strategies?
Motorhead

Re: Open multiple TunerPro instances

Post by Motorhead »

I believe it's under the "Tools" tab. I haven't looked at TPRT in a couple months.
Cougar281

Post by Cougar281 »

Motorhead wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 10:12 pm I believe it's under the "Tools" tab. I haven't looked at TPRT in a couple months.
That was it, found it. Thanks! Kind of silly that it's buried in a menu rather than just be able to launch another copy, but now that I know where it is, no big deal.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Cougar281 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 12:56 pm
Motorhead wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 10:12 pm I believe it's under the "Tools" tab. I haven't looked at TPRT in a couple months.
That was it, found it. Thanks! Kind of silly that it's buried in a menu rather than just be able to launch another copy, but now that I know where it is, no big deal.
It's this way because launching multiple instances causes some subtle issues (with, for example, settings), so I want it to be an explicit choice. Perhaps I'll remove this intentional limitation in the future.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am