Pocket Programmer 2 detection on start up by Tuner Pro RT

Discuss anything tuning related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

2seater

Pocket Programmer 2 detection on start up by Tuner Pro RT

Post by 2seater »

I have tried searching relative to the above subject but nothing seems to relate to my issue. I have an old Gateway Solo notebook running Win98 which is my garage computer. It is only used as a display for a multimeter and as a chip reader and writer with Tuner Pro RT version 4.x. No internet connection and it only gets its data through a usb stick.

It has been a few years since I used it for chip burning but it has worked well in the past. I have a Pocket Programmer 2 with the 25pin printer connection. The computer has been plugged in at all times so it has never lost power but I must be missing a step somewhere. TunerPro does not detect any connected hardware on start up and the Programmer is powered up and connected prior to opening TunerPro. I cannot find anything in the help topics that relate to this in particular. Is there a way to direct TunerPro to look at the printer port on start up?
1990 Turbocharged Reatta
2seater

Re: Pocket Programmer 2 detection on start up by Tuner Pro RT

Post by 2seater »

If I could delete the post, I would. I found that my thinking was faulty and it is actually possible to hide things from yourself when you get to a certain age. Everything works as it should, Pocket Programmer is stand alone but uses TunerPro as the source and destination for the bins to load. Somehow I combined loading a buffer for an emulator directly from TunerPro with the chip burning and led myself astray. My apologies. If the moderator desires to delete this thread, it is fine with me.
1990 Turbocharged Reatta