Connection Problems

Report bugs found in TunerPro. Please be sure to include as much info as possible, including system specs, OS, repro steps and TunerPro version number.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

SVTF150

Connection Problems

Post by SVTF150 »

As soon as TPRT v500_9513 opens it immediately says it connects to Ostrich II v36.71 with nothing connected i own the latest QuarterHorse have been using this setup for over a year have downloaded tprt/ftdi/files set the correct settings [as far as i can tell] a number of times and never had this issue before it worked right after i got the new Panasonic TP then i did a full windows install off a usb thats when i had this issue so i did a system restore through windows lastnight thinking it was something with the first install 'nope' same issue and nothing is installed on system just TPRT and ftdi drivers download HELP im ready to put this computer in a wood chipper. :?
CaptureTunerPRT.PNG
SVTF150

Re: Connection Problems

Post by SVTF150 »

Well i see that its the latest version of TPRT causing the issues i was having and i see that others are having comm issues and data transfer problems as well i rolled back the latest update to the previous one and everything works beautiful cant wait for all the bugs to be worked out cause i like the new features that the latest update has. Keep up the great work love it.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Where are you seeing others having communication issues? I don't believe I've touched any code at all that would cause the issue you're reporting below, but I'll take a closer look.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Toughbook Tuner

Post by Toughbook Tuner »

I think this may be a Panasonic tough book and windows 10 Pro problem, as i am suffering the same issue and cant get Tuner pro to find a MAFT pro i have been using for donkey years on Window 8.1 Pro with zero issues.

Bought a new CF53MK4 and clean installed windows 10 Pro on it and i am suffering the same problems

Anyone have any ideas on what causing it and how i can rectify the problem??
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Without the MAFTPro connected, do you see any com ports in device manager?

I wonder if there's another device attached as a COM port.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
95ponymobile

Post by 95ponymobile »

Same here. Says Ost 2 is connected with nothing connected and wont recognize Quarterhorse. I also have a Toughbook, CF-31, and Windows 10. I updated to the latest version of TPRT tonight and it started doing this. Up until now, for about 3yrs, I have had no issues.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

When nothing is attached to your Toughbook, how many COM ports show up in device manager?

When you go back to an earlier build of TunerPro, does it work again?

Hit Ctrl + Alt + Shift + D to open the debug window, then hit the connect button and show me what you see for a failure.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
95ponymobile

Post by 95ponymobile »

10 Bluetooth ports (10,11,12,13,14,15,16,20,21,22) 3 comm ports (1,2,3), 1 wireless DM port (4), 1 wireless NMEA port (5). This is back on the older version 500.9209. I haven't updated till now because it worked ok for what I was doing (T4M2). Upgraded because Decipha said newest A9L2 needed it to datalog correctly, as we were doing a different car. With the old version and the QH plugged in, USB serial port pops up on comm 7. I just downloaded the new version again. All ports are the same and at first it recognized the QH. Then I closed TPRT, unplugged the QH. Opened TPRT with nothing plugged in and it sees the Ostrich 2, with nothing plugged in. All ports are as if nothing is plugged in. No port 7, just those described in the beginning of this explanation. You can release the hardware and it goes away, then initialize and the Ostrich 2 is shown again, still with nothing connected. Revert to the older and it works perfectly.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

I've gone through all of the changes related to hardware detection between 9209 and the latest, and I don't see any change that would obviously cause this. I did add support for a couple of new pieces of hardware (meaning adding new checks of 3rd byte in the hardware version response).

It sounds like you have a ton of COM Ports on your computer. I understand that you say nothing is connected to them, but if the system is responding with any information on any of them when TunerPro opens each port and sends a request, there's a possibility that the system's response could collide with an expected response for that 3rd version byte that identifies hardware. My theory is that this is what's happening for you.

What happens if you disable bluetooth on the system?
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am