XDF Normalizing function - how does it work?

Discuss anything tuning related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

Matrix

XDF Normalizing function - how does it work?

Post by Matrix »

So I am looking at using the values from table that shows Idle RPM vs ECT as the Axis values for another table, but to calculate the RPM values in the Idle RPM vs ECT table, I need to do an interpolated lookup of the values from an RPM table. It seems that using a Linked, Normalized Label Source might work. My problem is, the explanation in the TunerPro help does not explain how to use a normalizing function and I can't figure it out.
When I create a function in the XDF, I can see how to select it from my table item, but I can't figure out how to make the function I want. Both axis seem to need to come from within the binary.

The Idle Rpm vs ECT table displays the Idle RPM value as an index value and I need to convert the index to an RPM in the function using an interpolation from the 16 item RPM table. Anyone understand how these XDF functions work? I want to use the RPM table for one axis and manual hex digits for the other axis (00 to F0 - 16 items) I would like to use this to display the interpolated idle rpm values for the column headers in another table.
dex
The Ford Guy

Re: XDF Normalizing function - how does it work?

Post by dex »

Posting screenshots and/or your xdf and binary would help people better understand your query.