Please teach me how to create an XDF table

Discuss Bosch (Porsche, BMW, Volvo, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

Olegonic

Please teach me how to create an XDF table

Post by Olegonic »

Hi, I’m using TunerPro soft for Bosch DME 402
Existing XDF is very poor, compared to others
I would like to change/tweak parameters in some other areas like FUEL AT HOT/COLD START UP, LAMBDA ON/OFF
Please, teach/help me to create an extra XDF tables for mentioned above
Thanks!
BMW E30, M50B25 NV turbo
olafu

Re: Please teach me how to create an XDF table

Post by olafu »

Hi,
It's not a problem to create new XDF item (as example new table), but it's problem how to recognize relevant parts of parameters. Ways to do it: 1. Disassembly program code and learn how things is done(maybe impossible), or 2. Try to find all parameters and systematically try to modify and look what is changing(and if possible, this combinated with 1.st choice is better), or 3. Collect all existing information, combine it with 1. and(or) 2. and check accuracy. (2.)

- Don't try to create definition from scratch. Collect all available information, check accuracy. There is no need to reinvent the wheel, but it's important to check the straightness of the wheel.
- Learn to read HEX codes
- Learn how map(and other) data is stored in the memory (requires understanding of HEX)
- Motronic device of this age is usually made so that all the maps are put one after the other, try to find out what is before the every "map" so you can see "ok, it's 4x3 table, 4 rows of RPM and 3 columns of LOAD" when you do look data with HEX editor.
arbitrary bosch 4x3 table where can be in HEX: CF 04 10 10 10 80 D5 03 05 05 A0 80 80 80 80 80 80 80 80 80 80 80 80. (requires understanding how the data is stored in memory)
- Learn about "funktionsrahmen" from other similar age bosch ecu's

There is no shortcuts... And this is main reason why there is lack of accurate good "XDF's". :roll:
Olegonic

Re: Please teach me how to create an XDF table

Post by Olegonic »

Thanks Olafu!

Based on my “knowledge” it is better to ask someone (expert) to edit existing XDF and add a few functions
BMW E30, M50B25 NV turbo