Laptop options

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

Ranbo108

Laptop options

Post by Ranbo108 »

Greeting All,

I know this is a broad subject but, is there a specific brand or type of laptop that works well with Tuner Pro that doesn't break the bank in cost? The last time I used TP was many years ago with a IBM Win 98 machine. I'm looking to buy a laptop now for the new version. Any recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks, Randy
grimmechanic

Re: Laptop options

Post by grimmechanic »

Any Dell laptop. The Dell Precision M6600 is a great laptop and you can pick them up on eBay for reasonable prices. But they are BIG (if you like a full size keyboard and big screen). I have one setup on a docking station with two monitors and run SolidWorks CAD application on it. If you want something smaller and cheaper, maybe a Dell Lattitude E6400. Don't throw your money away on a new computer. There's lots of good options in the used computer market.

If you're looking for something that'll withstand some abuse (like in a shop environment), maybe a Panasonic CF-53 or CF-54 Toughbook. Used, of course. The CF-31 is a little smaller and weather resistant. It' like the computers you see in police cars.

Any one of these computers can be had for less than $500 if you shop around.