Using tuner pro rt

Discuss anything tuning related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

Mes_1986

Using tuner pro rt

Post by Mes_1986 »

Hey guys, I’m new to this. I need help to figure out if I have the right equipment, I’m wanting to read codes on my 94 z28 and also maybe tweak around and tune it. I have a lap top with windows ten and a obd1 cable the cable has a yellow fuse looking thing and it has a USB port I got it hooked to car and laptop but it’s not registering it being connected
KirkB

Re: Using tuner pro rt

Post by KirkB »

I'm a noob but will tell you what got mine moving data. Just got data stream going yesterday and I as well had no idea why it wouldn't work. here's what to look for when it's working. Lwr left to right "not Emulating" in Red, Hardware not found, some value in Hz with error counter,DA:Connected in blue. I didn't know which usb was com port#3, I figured it would be the usb 3.0 port but I was wrong. When I switched to the usb 2.0 port with ALDL cable things started working. I'd recommend checking properties of ports to see if baud matches up and selections set to none. type "device" in search box lwr left by window and pick device manager up top. go to view and select show hidden then you can see "port com" and expand to see port com#3 and view properties then detail. I used 9600 baud as it's close to what GM ECM runs. But basically switched to usb 2.0 port and well you look at that... Been struggling for a few days my self one that one. Hope this helps you.
KirkB

Re: Using tuner pro rt

Post by KirkB »

Oh Yeah, When you get it going the values will seem odd and too many. Come to find out that the 4 coolant temp listings are really only 2 as the ones that read way off are in C instead of F. And I'm guessing the other duplicate listings that read goofy are Metric/English valued so half make sense and half are the metric system values. Just found that one out myself...