EEC-V won't read QH bin file

Discuss Ford tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

Pete R

EEC-V won't read QH bin file

Post by Pete R »

Hi Guys,
I have an Australian '98 Ford, 5.0 with EEC-V. Catchcode is WTGB, WR2T-12A650-GB.

Using QH and Tuner Pro RT I can capture the stock bin file from the ECU. I then load the stock bin file into QH but the ECU won't read it (car won't crank, temp gauge goes straight into the red). I'm using NVXN3_v2 as the xdf file as I was told it is used for the WTGE ECUs and my WTGB is an earlier version(?)

WTGE_NVXN6GA.bin and NVXN3_v2.xdf work in QH, that is the tables make sense, nothing seems cockeyed. But again the ECU won't read them.

The thing is I have no strategy loaded (can't find one for my ECU) but would this stop the ECU reading the bin file from QH?

I'm assuming the QH is ok because Tuner Pro can harvest the original ECU bin via QH?

I followed decipha's setup tips on efidynotuning (brilliant info) but I think I have a configuration issue - unless I do need a strategy for the ECU to read the QH bins?

Any advice would be much appreciated (apologies for trying your patience - feel free to give me a kick in the arse)
Pete

Pete R

Re: EEC-V won't read QH bin file

Post by Pete R »

Just found this -

".ADX files: A TunerPro specific acquisition file used to stream/log data from the ECU in your car to TunerPro"

:roll:

So I need a strategy, yes? Any tips on where to obtain one?
Pete R

Post by Pete R »

Sorry, I should have updated this.

The issue was a dodgy earth between ECU and car body. The car ran fine so it was enough for the ECU to control things but not good enough to allow the QH to talk to it.
It now has a good ground so the EEC-V and QH are conversing regularly.

The old Windsor is really powering, just chasing a lean tip-in problem.

Cheers
decipha

Post by decipha »

WTGB is the NVXN6 strategy.

The only info I have on any imported ford cals is 12JB / NVXF4 strategy. Its a manual trans 5.0 in that era. AU3 5.0L Smartshield 220kw XR8 according to TIP.