tunerpro wont open

Report bugs found in TunerPro. Please be sure to include as much info as possible, including system specs, OS, repro steps and TunerPro version number.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

sodak66

tunerpro wont open

Post by sodak66 »

Hello all, I've just installed tunepro rt on my windows 10 computer and when I try to open it the tunerpro icon pops up but says no hardware found and fails to open? Any ideas why? the download did finish and I didn't get any errors on the install so i'm lost.
davidfoti

Re: tunerpro wont open

Post by davidfoti »

I am having the same issue. I had an older version on a Windows XP laptop and had a motherboard failure. Now I am on a Dell M4600 with Windows 10 and the latest TunerPro. When I try to open I get the logo and then it goes away and nothing happens. I've tried running as admin and in different compatibility modes. Any ideas? Thanks.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Although it's installed with the TunerPro installer, some systems might fail this step, so you should try installing the Visual Studio 2017 redistributable manually. Here's the link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... -downloads

If you're running a 32-bit OS (your Windows XP build is likely 32-bit) then install the x86 version. If you're running a 64-bit OS (a Windows 10 installation is likely 64-bit), then run the x64 installer.

-Mark
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
drra18

Post by drra18 »

Mangus what do I do if this doesn't work ?
uncommonsense

Post by uncommonsense »

It looks like I'm having the same problem. I get the splash screen, then nothing.
tdjb

Post by tdjb »

Anyone figure out a solution? I'm in the same boat. The splash screen pops up, but the app itself never starts. Windows is not my usual OS, so I'm not quite sure where to poke around :(

- Windows 10 Pro, all current updates
- Visual C++ 2015-2019 redistributable installed
- Latest TunerProFree from the website
tdjb

Post by tdjb »

Turns out I needed to install the Visual C++ 2010 package. Now that I've installed that the app fires right up!
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

tdjb, glad to see you found a solution for your install problem and thanks for posting it.
tdjb

Post by tdjb »

dex wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:17 am tdjb, glad to see you found a solution for your install problem and thanks for posting it.
Certainly! Hopefully it helps anyone else who runs into a similar situation.