TunerPro won't install

Report bugs found in TunerPro. Please be sure to include as much info as possible, including system specs, OS, repro steps and TunerPro version number.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

ccmano

TunerPro won't install

Post by ccmano »

Windows 10 machine. When I run the install sequence it get about half way through then I get an error message that directory access has been denied and files cannot be written to it?

Thanks
H
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

Are you installing it as an 'administrator'? If not, you will probably need to do so.
ccmano

Post by ccmano »

dex wrote:Are you installing it as an 'administrator'? If not, you will probably need to do so.
Yes, I am the administrator. Double checked to make sure.

I even updated the Visual Studio 2017 redist. after it happened, no change.
H
ccmano

Post by ccmano »

Looks like the “TunerProFile” folder under Documents and all sub folders are read only. If I let the installer ignore anything that should be written to those folders it loads the rest of the program. Of course all those folders are now empty.

I’ve tried multiple sign on’s as administrator and otherwise but there is no change.

When I run Tunerpro there is an instant error message that says the Settings file cannot be opened. When I cancel that message it loads. I cannot find a settings file anywhere.

As noted the TunerPro file is read only as are all the sub folders. It won’t allow me to manually change the setting.

I can load a Bin or an XDF file but I cannot save it to the TunerPro files and when I load a Bin file it gives me the same cannot open the settings file message.

I’m stumped! Help please...
H
ccmano

Post by ccmano »

Figured it out. Took a lot of digging. Turns out my Antivirus program BitDefender was blocking the install.

For those that run into this under the "Protection" Tab click on "view features" then under "Safe Files" click on "Protected Files". You will see a list of files the program is protecting. Remove any that include the "Documents" file.

The program will now install!

H