$DA2 speed density. O2 Rich/Lean Thresh.What gm/sec for idle

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

dizwiz24

$DA2 speed density. O2 Rich/Lean Thresh.What gm/sec for idle

Post by dizwiz24 »

Hello

I am trying to tune out a rich idle smell on a supercharged 93 $DA2 corvette with 224/236 cam. No Cats or emissions equipment.

Its my understanding some overlap in the cam can cause some false air going past the o2's and signaling a false lean condition - causing ECM to dump fuel.

My question is that the O2 slow and fast rich/lean threshold mV settings are referenced to a MAF sensor. This car is speed density and not MAF -so I have no idea what grams/second correlate with what driving condition or MAP value that I usually tune with.

Is there a way to cross reference the gms/sec boxes (see link/ figure below) to a MAP value? At idle, my car is around 50-60 kPA .

So which boxes in the slow/fast rich/lean O2 threshold tables would correspond to an idle condition?

the 0 AND 32 grams/sec, or just the 0 grams/sec ??

I plan on dropping the O2 mV rich/lean threshold from the stock 580 mV down to 300 mV for the idle settings - to help out with the rich condition to try and prevent the ECM from dumping fuel. This has been documented on thirdgen.org as a way to clean up rich closed loop idles on cars with cams.
***However, I don't want to screw it up for highway driving (1500 rpm and up) - since its working fine under those conditions.

Any help is appreciated!