MAF transfer function for EECV with AOL3/CRAJ0

Discuss Ford tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

Fred Ziffel

MAF transfer function for EECV with AOL3/CRAJ0

Post by Fred Ziffel »

TunerPro Rocks, thanks for making it available to us Ford guys.
I have a question about the MAF Transfer Function for a CRAJ0.XDF Bin definition. When the data is entered and saved then displayed on screen, the data in the Volts column (X-data) appears exactly the same as previously entered, but the Kg/hr column (Y-data) comes back with 0.00. The "Significant Digit" for the Y-Data has to be changed to a least 6 before anything more than all zeros are displayed. The problem appears to be in the formula entered in "Equation Format", which is currently X/2147483648.000000. What should the formula be for Kg/hr?

Thanks
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

Thanks for flagging this one up, change the conversion to X/4 (it had been spotted but today but you beat the update, keep the feedback coming :) )
Fred Ziffel

Post by Fred Ziffel »

dex wrote:Thanks for flagging this one up, change the conversion to X/4 (it had been spotted but today but you beat the update, keep the feedback coming :) )
Thanks dex, big difference but it still alters the last 2 or 3 digits slightly if 3 decimal places are displayed. It probably doesn't matter much with the Kg/hr data but with the volts data column it could make a difference when trying to dial in a tune, especially with large injectors like the 60#’s I am using. Isn't it possible to enter data without the program altering it? I didn't notice it in the volts column before, probably because it wasn't set to 3 decimal places. FYI, I am trying to enter data just the way it is on the calibration sheet supplied with the MAF.

Thanks
Fred
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

The resolution of the Y data is limited to 0.25 kg/hr by the eec software so there is no need to set the significant digits to greater than 2 but with the X data the theoretical resolution is 1/256 volt (I think) so you can up the number of significant digits to suit your MAF transfer sheet.