difference Between ADX and XDF problems with integer numbers

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

motorboy

difference Between ADX and XDF problems with integer numbers

Post by motorboy »

Hey guys

I´m new in Tunerpro and i`m makig the XDF file for an Motronic ECU by myself with help of an ols file and ols demo. im doing some good progress but i got 2 questions by making my xdf file.

1. what is the difference between XDF and ADX. till now i just need the XDF file for knowing with adress does what but i don`t get the need of the ADX file.would be nice if someone could tell me the difference.

2. my second question is that i have a problem with my tables. if i edit the XDF to show me the tables in Integer rather than floating point, i can`t change the values in the table the way i wan`t. i changes the maximum value. when i subtract a value with the minus button on the keyboard i can´t addup a value with the plus button.
with floating point it works. it changes the in a decimal Area.

i hope you understand my problems and question because English is not my native language.

thanks for the answers in advance
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

1. ADX files are used by TunerPro to interpret live data from the vehicle or a device connected to the PC via USB or serial. The ADX is to the live data stream what the XDF is to the bin/calibration file.

2. In short, this is because you're truncating the numbers that come after the radix in the result. Fake example: 1.123 becomes 1 when viewing as an integer. When you hit +. the result is 1.234, which still becomes truncated to 1.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
motorboy

Post by motorboy »

Thanj you Mangus for the answers.

is there a thread to inlude Live data to Tunerpro from the Motronic ECU?

is there ac hance to change that so i can use my + and - butten to change values in Integer numbers?

otherwise it would be irritating to make small changes :(