TPI BASE PULSE WIDTH ADJUSTMENTS

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

Turbo09

TPI BASE PULSE WIDTH ADJUSTMENTS

Post by Turbo09 »

I just changed my 19 lb injectors for new 30 lb Accel's. There must be an easier way, in TunerPro RT, to adjust the base pulse width lower to compensate for the extra 50% fuel being injected, but I haven't been able to find it, yet. The AFR is TOOOO rich and I'm afraid that the walls are being washed down by raw fuel. Will someone Please help this newbie fix this problem. I do have all of the software and hardware up and running. I have burned some chips, done some logging but still not real clear on using TunerPro RT. PCM is 1227730 from a 90-92 TPI 305 Firebird. The rest of the car has been totally modified and nothing is overkill. I designed it to run out of breath by 7,000 rpm, so nothing is TOO big. I have been reading and getting educated for month's now and still feel like a dummy. I have been working and playing with cars since I was 12 years old [I'm just about to turn 70] and do understand the mechanical bits. The electronics are still a stretch. I would really appreciate all and any of the help I can get. Thank-you. Turbo09
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

You could scale the entire VE table down by a percentage as a starting point, but I wouldn't expect the fuel delivery changes to be proportional across all RPM/Load ranges. I'd expect a naïve scaling to be... naïve. Ultimately, you'll probably need to do some further touch up to the VE table after the initial scaling.

But to start, select all of your VE table cells and scale them by some reasonable factor (say, 0.9), then watch your fuel trim (or Wideband) to measure the results.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
eutu1960

Post by eutu1960 »

did you adjust your injector flow rate to 30lbs, if you did and your still to rich then try adjusting your injector flow rate higher to combinsate.