Collection of UI improvements

Submit feature suggestions for future versions of TunerPro here.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

scorp1us

Collection of UI improvements

Post by scorp1us »

1. When the data is working, also highlight the cell in the applicable table. ie, RPM/MAP/VE, or Temperature/RPM.

2. Fix cntl-F so that if the dialog is already up, the cursor is positioned in the phrase/title line, with the text selected (for replacement)

3. I would really like a "dial-in" feature. While my preference is an actual physical knob (is that possible?), a software knob would work, where the knob has an increment value and we can easily tweak the selected cell. Currently, this is cumbersome in that you can choose the add offset feature, and hit execute, but you can't reverse it without adding a negative.
UI like:
[-] [val] [+]
[x] immediate upload (when emulating)

Ideally the val would be remembered per table.

4. Add a "frequent parameter" list. I only ever use like 5 tables, 3 flags. It would save so much time having them in a list.

5. Add a feature to disable screen dims, hibernate/suspend when data logging.
Six_Shooter

Re: Collection of UI improvements

Post by Six_Shooter »

scorp1us wrote:1. When the data is working, also highlight the cell in the applicable table. ie, RPM/MAP/VE, or Temperature/RPM.
This is already possible when data tracing is set-up correctly, and needs to be done as a per table/scaler basis, for set-up.
2. Fix cntl-F so that if the dialog is already up, the cursor is positioned in the phrase/title line, with the text selected (for replacement)
I'm pretty sure it works this way already, if it doesn't, I've never noticed or had issues with an extra mouse click.
3. I would really like a "dial-in" feature. While my preference is an actual physical knob (is that possible?), a software knob would work, where the knob has an increment value and we can easily tweak the selected cell. Currently, this is cumbersome in that you can choose the add offset feature, and hit execute, but you can't reverse it without adding a negative.
UI like:
[-] [val] [+]
[x] immediate upload (when emulating)

Ideally the val would be remembered per table.
Interesting, but as someone who has used "virtual dials" I would not want that. Maybe as a slider, but even then, you would still need to select each cell or group of cells to be adjusted and then use the dial/slider. I'm not sure how this would save any time.
4. Add a "frequent parameter" list. I only ever use like 5 tables, 3 flags. It would save so much time having them in a list.
I like this idea, though you can make your own XDF that has only the tables and parameters that you frequently use. Sometimes I will do this, with a "full" or "expanded" XDF and then a "simple" XDF for the most used items.
5. Add a feature to disable screen dims, hibernate/suspend when data logging.
This could be useful, as long as it would be easily toggle-able because if I'm going for a long drive, I would like the screen to dim to save battery power. I don't currently have the issue with hibernation right now, but maybe I have it set for a long enough interval that it doesn't happen.
scorp1us

Post by scorp1us »

Well if we were to plug in an extra mouse with a scroll wheel, the scroll event (up/down) should be able to change the value by the step value. That would be aw3some for dialing things in!
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

scorp1us wrote:Well if we were to plug in an extra mouse with a scroll wheel, the scroll event (up/down) should be able to change the value by the step value. That would be aw3some for dialing things in!
I haven't used it personally, but I believe you can use the up and down keys to increase and decrease values of a cell. I know there's at least been discussion of it.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Thanks for the feedback. It's truly appreciated when people take the time to offer feedback like this.

For suggestion #4, you could accomplish something similar by adding a category (call it "Frequently Used") and assign the items that you frequently use to it. Make it the first category in the list. Then your most frequently used items are quick and easy to access.

You can also use visibility levels to hide everything except the frequently used items at the visibility level that you define.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am