$EE Speedometer Calibration Question

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

boojum

$EE Speedometer Calibration Question

Post by boojum »

I'm trying to understand the speedometer calibration with a 16188051 and $EE. It's a iron head LT1 from a '95 Caprice.

The definition file I'm using has the following constants:

Speedometer Scalar
Speedometer Scalar, Fraction
Speedometer Scalar, (Scan Tool)
Time Between Pulses For 'Stop'

I think I have a formula for all but the " Speedometer Scalar, (Scan Tool)" worked out. Anyone know what this is used for? From looking at stock bin files it's the same number from 3 cars with the same gear but with different size tires. On the other hand a L99 Caprice has a much lower number than a LT1 Caddy with the same gear ratio. Also F-body bin files have relatively higher numbers.

Thanks,
Jim

P.S. The LT1 and PCM now reside in a '91 Camaro. :mrgreen:
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

I wish I could help. Unfortunately I'm not aware of a publicly available hack for $EE. With that, we could see exactly what the code is doing with these parameters.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
boojum

Post by boojum »

The only thing I have been able to find online is at http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Shop ... 5cam2.html

Not enough comments for me. It looks like it is time to do a little homework. This thing is starting to bug me.

thanks