Harley ecm reading and reflashing

Discuss Buell tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.
evilm3666

Harley ecm reading and reflashing

Post by evilm3666 »

Does anyone have any info on pulling the bin file for any harley ecms? Or maybe a xdf?
ReadyXB

Post by ReadyXB »

I have yet to run across any plugins or definitions for Harley-Davidson. Not sure why...
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

ReadyXB wrote:I have yet to run across any plugins or definitions for Harley-Davidson. Not sure why...
Is there info somewhere on the communication and map data for Harleys? If so, send me in the right direction and I'll look into it.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
ReadyXB

Post by ReadyXB »

Mangus wrote:Is there info somewhere on the communication and map data for Harleys? If so, send me in the right direction and I'll look into it.
Thanks, Mangus. I hope I didn't sound like I expected it to be someone's responsibility. I would be willing to volunteer time to create XDF and ADX definitions, modify existing plug-in code, etc., to help out the greater good! If... the information can be found. Unfortunately, I don't have a fuel-injected H-D at my disposal to start analyzing and reverse-engineering the communication specs, but I will start looking! I just might buy a used wiring harness and ECM and start playing :)
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

No worries. I don't either. If one of us comes by the information, perhaps the definitions could be created.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
evilm3666

Post by evilm3666 »

I have a number of bikes i can use, but i have no idea how to read the data from the ecm. I have used the power vision and the supertuner as far as tuning goes. I am sure it can be read/ with the 1850 data line.
Shaker666

Post by Shaker666 »

I think the Harley ECMs are a Delphi product, if I recall correctly. Totally different from the Buell. Buell had an independent contractor design the ECM and there's been very strong support from the tuning community mainly originating from Europe and the US.
Crypto55

Harley ECM Data and Communications

Post by Crypto55 »

Shaker666 wrote:I think the Harley ECMs are a Delphi product, if I recall correctly. Totally different from the Buell. Buell had an independent contractor design the ECM and there's been very strong support from the tuning community mainly originating from Europe and the US.
True, Delphi is used on Harley.
What information are you looking for?
Are you still looking for it?
I have two different versions of Tuner which can read data from a 2012 & a 2014 Touring.
I'm interested in being able to program my MCs with TunerPro; willing to help figure out what it takes.
acerman_1

Post by acerman_1 »

Any progress on this ? I have dumped an ecu on my desk, and have opened it in tunerpro, just need to figure out the XDF / maps / etc. Any help would be good as i im new to TP. Have a powervision programer too, tryed logging the communications over the data connector when flashing but can not get a full comm without buffer errors with my current equip. Im willing to share any info I have with people that can help.

Todd
Last edited by acerman_1 on Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
acerman_1

HD forum

Post by acerman_1 »

Maybe we could get our own HD section ?
acerman_1

Post by acerman_1 »

communication are J1850 VPW 10.4k over the data connector. I can see comms with an elm device and serial terminal program. "Hint"Processor is a freescale mc9s12dj128. 2010 roadglide touring ecu i picked up on kijiji.
David Jones

harley davidson

Post by David Jones »

im new here and i am trying to fig. out what i am going to do i have 07 ultra ecm is bad i have married one off a a 06 roadglide and the bike runs lean for the build i have done on the bike i also have a ecm for a 05 dina , i have used tts master tune so i have a cable interface i am tired of tts and looking for another way of tunningmy bike. tunerpro looks like it might be something that might work. can i be of help in figuring out how to use this program on harleys ive never used tunerpro so i am not shure what i need to do. i have used a few other programs that work on the harley delphi. my queston is can it be done or am i better off spending 800.00 to 1000.00 on thunder max or other setup.