spark advance table, i'm getting knock

Discuss anything tuning related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

86SC

spark advance table, i'm getting knock

Post by 86SC »

hey guys, little background, i converted my carbed car to a 7730 SD tpi setup, i got the ve tables all straight with good afr on the wideband, problem is the spark advance, when i drive the car i get a flat spot like i hit a wall, anytime this happens i'm seeing knock and knock retard degree's most i've seen was up to 11.40 degrees, i took that much out of the area and i still have the same thing happen with the same amount taken out, i dont get it, also i read somewhere that the spark table is a what you see is what you get as far as degrees, that doesnt seem to be the case though
steve3800

Post by steve3800 »

Hi,
I had a simular problem. In my case my crank reference was out. When I believed i only had 8 deg advance, it was in fact 18 deg, To check, set the engine up with say 20 deg advance at idle and check it with a timing light, you should see 20 deg on the timing marks, if not see what the crank reference is set to and adjust accordingly.

thanks
Steve
Ps
I am only learning myself through trial and error with 14 uv eproms and TunerPro.