Putting Checks in File Association Boxes

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

MrMarty51

Putting Checks in File Association Boxes

Post by MrMarty51 »

in the Tools-prefrencs-General-File Association.
What is the results of putting checks in all of those boxes ???
I aplolgize but I do not know anything about these programs and I am just trying to figure out what all of this is,When someone starts talking about them Binary Codes with all the 10010100 with the 0 being nothing and the 1 being information I am totally lost.
For instance:
In the Creating Dashboards topic and after the tutorial someone posted in all of those numbers and letters for dashboards that they created,well,I do not know how to use anything like that to be able to see what that specific dashboard would look like,but,this is not about binarys or dash boards,it is about them file association check boxes.
Thank you
Martin
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

file associations are largely used to "auto-launch" certain programs when the filetype is attempted to be opened.

for instance, i have 3 BINs on my desktop since i use them often. if i double-click on one of them, tunerpro launches and automatically selects it as the current BIN.

same process works with the XDFs, ADXs, etc.

that's associations in a very small and probably oversimplified nutshell.
MrMarty51

Post by MrMarty51 »

OK,so I suppose it is OK that I have checked all of those boxes.
I can remember in Win. media player,there is boxes to check for the file types that a person would want to play.I put a check in every one of those too. :mrgreen: