1991 Camaro

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

gregl316

1991 Camaro

Post by gregl316 »

Hi;
Happy new year.
I have a 1991 Camaro and need some advice tuning it. I will give you the perticulars.
330hp Vortec 350 instead of a 305 TBI. 700r4 also built new 350 gears
It has all the goodies. I also installed an EBL. I am in need of a starting BIN. The ones I've been gives don't run good enough to get the tuning process started. This is a populer build so someone has one allready. The chip builders can burn me a chip without even seeing the car. I am new to this and it is overwhelming me rite now.

Bob the guy nthat built the EBL from dynamic EFI has been great but I am missing somethine.

I know this is a post that if youve been on here befor youve read. I am sorry I couldn't find a search and was hoping it would be OK.

Greg
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

i'm surprised RBob himself doesn't have/supply a base BIN to run what appears to be a popular engine combo?
gregl316

Post by gregl316 »

He has a couple but none spacific. DANG! the chip burners say it's easy to because it is so popular. I am going to flash a Vortec head BIN and go from there I guess. I ask Bob and he said to do ther Vortec one. I am about ready to send it back and have the chip burners try. I just need to try it. I hope the VE learn is the magic it is being built up to be.

I am just sounding a little discouraged. Well that's cause I am. I know it will all come together and should be the shits.

I am just worried about it. Is nit OK to run like crap befor the first tune?
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

some factory engines run pretty bad on factory tunes.... doesn't really surprise me.

do some VE learns, get rid of knock if you see it, then see how well it's running. if you're not running into any knock and it's still running badly, next step would be to give it more advance and see if it helps out.
EagleMark

Post by EagleMark »

Use what Rbob told you to start with and tune. If that does not work you could have a mechanical issue like vacuum leak, wiring, fuel pressure etc... can't tune them out.

There's no reason to by a tune.
1990 Chevy Suburban
1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1.
1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 TBI

GearHead-EFI.com EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners!