XDF creation process

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

sherif nabil

XDF creation process

Post by sherif nabil »

I need to know how to make XDF and XDL files for any bin file in order to use tunerpro propperly
Aka-e30

Post by Aka-e30 »

Bump.. I also need help making xdf files. is there a software everyone uses or do you manuely plug the figures in to tunerpro? its hard to understand all the abbreviations in the xdf downloads and where they go in the editor in tunerpro to create your parameter tree.
Relic

Post by Relic »

You make your own xdf.
Its basically an xml definition file for the ecu bin.
Makes a nice pretty, user friendly front end out of a complex sequence of hex code.
If you are lucky you may find one that someone has already made for your engine and vehicle.
If not you are on your own and build from scratch.
Aka-e30

Post by Aka-e30 »

Yeah there is a guy that has an xdf already set up for my make and model but he charges $175 bucks for it which could be worth it. I download the trial version of win ols and i noticed that it will determine potential maps in the Hex. Is that what is usually used for finding the right Hex files to create the xdf? how do you know what hex files to use and how do you break them down in to an xdf? is there a formula? Sorry for all the questions i just would like a little insight on the subject.
Relic

Post by Relic »

Its dangerous to blindly trust the tables winols finds automatically.

All ECUs have their own way of structuring tables.
EDC16..
8 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 250 500 750 1000 1250 1500 1750 2000 then 64x 16 bit words.

This defines an 8x8 tables column axes, row axes and then the 64 column by row cells.

Not all ECUs work this way but its an example.
Even the EDC16 may have 4 tables clustered together followed by a common x and y axes.

What these tables represent, what factor and offset to use on the values only comes from studying the ECU in question and other ECUs for ideas.

One you have the address of the start of axes values and the start of data values...along with converion factors for the values and axes....you can then start building an xdf to locate those tables and axes and scale/offset them correctly.

Now you know why the guy wants 175...... its a lot of work and study and time.
You think he should just give it away to you ?
DmcL

Post by DmcL »

@aka-e30, is it an E30 BMW you have? i work with the motronic ECU's in them and have XDF's for most commonly tuned ECU's i am also able to create XDF files for these ECU's and cheaper than $175. i can also do custom coding work in these motronic files such as making larger maps and combining high and low part throttle maps into single larger maps, altering rpm tabs and so on.

@relic, know anything about ME7.1.1? i recently bought a 2004 VW Phaeton and am looking at an ECU read and do not recognise anything in it. i can see some maps in WinOLS by recognising patterns in the side portion next to the ascii but cant figure out if there is axis info for each map or how it works.. totally different from the earlier motronic stuff im used to working with.
EthosMotorsports
Relic

Post by Relic »

No mate.
Just a noob getting started really.
Havent much experience on the motoronic front.

www.ecuconnections.com has lots of pros on there but they arent particularly helpful.
Some good guys on there too floating about who may be able to help.

There was anoth forum that focus's heaily on motronic programming...but I cant remember the name at the moment.
I'll post it if I remember.

I know some ECUs actually have a seperate area for common axes.
For those you get and axes reference instead of the actuall axes details next to the map.

I'll have a nose if you post a link to the bin.
Cant promise I will find anything more than you though.

http://trionic.mobixs.eu/
This guy is on ecuconnections in the free section too.
Genius guy....pick his brains.
Relic

Post by Relic »

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/

Think this was the motronic site.