No Data

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

87GN

No Data

Post by 87GN »

I have an 87 Buick GN. I am using version 5 tuner pro rt. I can enable emulation and get the acquire data switch to connect, but, for some reason, I am unable to get live data on the dashboard, and I am unable to data log. I am using a Sewell 1301 USB/serial adapter. I have tried 3 different computers with no luck. I have searched previous posts without finding an answer. I am using win XP. I have tried to change port configurations as others have done, however, they must be using a different version of windows, as I am not showing the same configuration windows as they are. I am using $31t.xdf and 1227148TBuick.adx files. I need some in depth knowledge, any experts out there?
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

i'm not sure if it applies to the 160 baud stuff as well, but that Sewell adapter would be a problem with an 8192 setup.
87GN

Almost there!

Post by 87GN »

OK, I went to the full throttle tech website and obtained new xdf & adx files. I am now receiving data. However, when I tried to save a log file I'm getting a save log file failed message. I don't know what the trick is to get it to save, but, when I do I think I'm in business. Any ideas?
87GN

Almost there!

Post by 87GN »

Alright, I'm making progress. I downloaded the latest version of TunerProRT (7774), and I can now save the log file! Now I have to figure out adjust the dash readouts. I am not receiving data for wideband a/f ratio and I have two readouts for VE. I really need a/f ratio readings, any masters out there please instruct.
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

selecting different dash items is as simple as right-clicking on them and selecting a new item.
87GN

A/F Ratio

Post by 87GN »

Thank you, I was just doing a little reading and saw that it was easy to adjust. Thank God somethings easy. Now, I have to figure out what's going on with the A/F ratio. It's the one thing I need to have, but for some reason, it doesn't feel like sharing.
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

Are you using a modified bin to have the WBO2 sensor added to the datastream, along with inputting the WBO2's analog output into some unused pin of the ECM?
87GN

Post by 87GN »

OK, I have not tried to modify the bin to include the WBO2 in the datastream.
I did select an LC1 under the config menu, I thought that would take care of it. The input from the LC1 goes directly to the orange wire of the MAFT Pro (10 pin connecter), the ground connects to the purple wire from the 10 pin connector. The connection bypasses the ECM. I checked for a voltage at the orange wire of the 10 pin connector, and I do have a voltage. Since the LC1 is wired direct, it must be the voltage from the LC1 (WBO2). The MAFT Pro and the Tuner Pro rt is seeing it as an O2 in mv, with no AFR ratio being displayed. How do I get the MAFT Pro and the Tuner Pro RT software to read it as A/F ratio???
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

I'm not familiar with the MAFT Pro, to be able to comment on that.

In your previous posts it sounded like you were trying to get the WBO2 information through the ALDL connected to the ECM.
87GN

It's working!

Post by 87GN »

There was no wiring problem. Had to dig up the original Translator Pro manual. I did a system reset and reselected Innovate LC1. The system reset is on page 30. Hold the right 2 keypad buttons for 15 seconds while powering up the unit. AFR is now displayed on the MAFT Pro and my computer.