cannot get tuner pro to trace data in tables

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

carcaper

cannot get tuner pro to trace data in tables

Post by carcaper »

I have been trying to trace data since last Friday and I am not getting to the bottom of why. I have followed Marks instruction to the T but when I expect the trace to work it just sits there. I am also getting mismatch errors when I try to setup definitions and link them to tables. I cannot figure out why I get a logging error or if I even need to record. I've used tuner pro before on another pc and never had these issues and dont understand what happen just becasue I loaded it on a new PC. I really need someone experienced enough to just log on to my PC and make it happen because its obvious I am to stupid to be a computer programmer. Or if you are big enough to use the telephone you can call me and walk me through it. Well are you?
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

carcaper

Post by carcaper »

yes I have to the T. This is the instruction Mark gave me and I still didnt get anywhere. The curser sits in the right lower corner and does not move. I had data come up in the dash display setting but thats it as far as data. and may I ad I have version 4 and there are things that differ from this post. I was thinking of just upgrading but Mark said it wasnt necessary. I am very frustrated as I have been trying since Friday to get this car tuned. I never had this issue before I installed it on my new PC.
EagleMark

Post by EagleMark »

I opened your files in TunerPro V5 and found no Data tracing work done?

So I looked at them in EditPad and the Data Tracing work seems to be there. So TP V4 xdf does not import data tracing work into V5. Same for the ads, once imported to V5 data tracing work is gone.

In your email you said you can not get connection data. Without data connection you will not get any data tracing.

I think your issue at this point is the new computer has not had cable installed properly! Or cable to TunerPro V4 is not set up properly. I have not used TP V4 in years so I can't be much help there.
1990 Chevy Suburban
1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1.
1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 TBI

GearHead-EFI.com EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners!
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Thomas, is the data you're seeing the dashboard valid (i.e. to the values make sense for the vehicle conditions - RPM makes sense, TPS moves with the throttle, etc)?

If so, email me the XDF and ADS that you're working with.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Thomas,

Did you get this working?

-Mark
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
EagleMark

Post by EagleMark »

I did a remote desktop session with him and got everything working.
1990 Chevy Suburban
1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1.
1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 TBI

GearHead-EFI.com EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners!