SES light trouble code retrieval

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

tunersage

SES light trouble code retrieval

Post by tunersage »

gentlemen. this is my first post and i subscribed to these forums to have this one question asked. i googled. youtubed. i even yahoo answered. but i cannot get this simple question answered. it must be either so easy its stupid and im missing it. or its very hard and no one can figure it out. please help me tuner gurus.

1994 camaro z28 m6. obd1 computer. 12 pin connector.
tunerpro rt v5.
red devil cable usb laptop windows 7 64 bit.

tunerpro is communicating and im able to see everything.
i have loaded xdf and adx files.

gentlemen. i need very specific instruction on how to find out what the car is telling me to fix. that ses light came on. and i dont know how to find it in tunerpro. some forums and on google state its in the items list. but i dont know what im looking for. i see numbers and words. but i dont see that 1 code or word pertaining to the current problem. i do not understand. please help......thankyou for helping.

really? 22 views and no one can comment? no comments no help at all? come on guys please help me. if u dont know how to use tunerpro rt for pulling engine codes. then at least make a recommondation for pulling engine codes. using a program. winaldl or something. i need something that works guys please
EagleMark

Post by EagleMark »

Kinda hard to tell you what that one code is when you didn't tell us the number of the code! :oops:

There's a list of all LT1 error codes here:
http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inject ... ion-EE-EEB
1990 Chevy Suburban
1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1.
1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 TBI

GearHead-EFI.com EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners!
jabowery

Post by jabowery »

EagleMark wrote:Kinda hard to tell you what that one code is when you didn't tell us the number of the code!
He can't get the number of the code.

Neither can I.

There is no way to retrieve the trouble codes via tunerpro as far as I can see.

I, too, have done a lot of googling and searching of this forum without finding anything in tunerpro to retrieve the trouble codes.

I've seen lots of references to how to CLEAR the trouble codes but what's the point of clearing trouble codes if you can't see them to begin with?

What is the menu sequence to retrieve the trouble codes that are causing the SES light to turn on?
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

tunersage wrote: really? 22 views and no one can comment? no comments no help at all? come on guys please help me. if u dont know how to use tunerpro rt for pulling engine codes. then at least make a recommondation for pulling engine codes. using a program. winaldl or something. i need something that works guys please
Insistence on getting help isn't a really good way to get help.

Trouble codes in GM OBDI streams are typically output as bitmasks, where a bit in the stream corresponds to a particular error code. See the 1227165_6E.adx definition as an example.

The $EE definitions on the website include the trouble codes already. Open the item lists (Ctrl + Shift + 2) and select the proper list to view them.
Last edited by Mangus on Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
EagleMark

Post by EagleMark »

Sure there is.

While connected to engine data click on the icon that looks like a folder, or Acquisition, Show Data List. In item lists you will see a drop down menu, choose Engine MALF Codes and it will show them all either marked OK or Error!
1990 Chevy Suburban

jabowery

Found out the confusion

Post by jabowery »

I'm running 5B_v5.adx and in that item list the malfunction codes are at the end of the default list. Moreover, they don't have "OK" next to the one's that are ok -- they're just blank if they're ok. One of them has a red ERROR: "342 CAM Sensor". Further on down, there are a bunch of lines with only a number, no name for the error condition, and some of them have the red ERROR beside them -- sometimes flashing on and off erratically. These numbers do not seem to correspond to the codes though because one of them has "342" alone on a line by itself but there is no red "ERROR" beside it.
EagleMark

Post by EagleMark »

That's a differant ADX file then the $EE for LT1 Engine this thread was about...

I've never worked on or with the $5B so I can't help.

You can add the OK, what is great about all these ADX and XDF files is there are no restrictions as what you can do with them. They are all community built!
1990 Chevy Suburban