saab lh 2.4 chip

Discuss Bosch (Porsche, BMW, Volvo, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

saab spg

saab lh 2.4 chip

Post by saab spg »

hello
wondering if anybody has exerience with the chip tuning process & tools required for lh 2.4 chip--1990 saab 900t.
revlimit

Post by revlimit »

I do. What do you want to tune?
saab spg

Post by saab spg »

we specialize in saab--i have a couple spg's (900t) that are pretty modded.
i want to see how dialed i can get the factory ecu tuned...i think im going standalone on my other spg...depending on how well i can tune the chip in factory lh system.
saab spg

Post by saab spg »

i have been in contact w/moates about the tools--guess im going to get an ostich 2 & a burner and a few chips. how well does this program work with the old lh system?
revlimit

Post by revlimit »

I wrote the existing XDF for LH2.4, I also had 1989 SPG and made some good tunes.
LH2.4 is fuel and idle computer only. That is easy to tune, idle is fully adaptable so you don't even need to tune that. And fuel is easy sense all injectors trigger at the same time. You can change values in the main fuel map and there is a constant for bigger injectors, there is also MAF turbo boost cut limitation that you can tune up.

I had megasquirt on my SPG with control of direct ignition cassete, after having problems I just went back to LH2.4 and vaccum distibutor, it works better and you can tune the stock stuff to support lots of power.

If you are looking for a specific tune I can offer them for you for low price then you can see what I did then you can make small adjustments. ETC...
saab spg

Post by saab spg »

thanks revlimit
would you mind aiding me through the process when i get the tools?
i hope i can figure out most of it on my own, but would love the knowledge to assist my guesswork!!!
revlimit

Post by revlimit »

saab spg wrote:thanks revlimit
would you mind aiding me through the process when i get the tools?
i hope i can figure out most of it on my own, but would love the knowledge to assist my guesswork!!!
Sure, thats why I made the XDF so people can help themselfts. One important thing on LH2.4 ecu, the lid has to be at least partialy on the ecu when running ostrich2 on it, it is there to reduce magnetic field
saab spg

Post by saab spg »

thanks again revlimit-
which version of tunerpro works best with the lh 2.4 system?
i have several modded chips i want to examine, but none of them seem quite right for my setup/mods.
i want to compare stock to a few of these chips and see where the diferences are.
thanks for your time
chris