How to re-order XDF parameters?

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

scorp508

How to re-order XDF parameters?

Post by scorp508 »

Hi everyone,

I've been adding a bunch of fields to the $32B XDF file and was wondering what the best way to re-order the parameters is. I opened the XDF in notepad intent to manually move things around and instantly saw the "do not edit manually" warning in the file itself, a nice touch. :)

So I'd like to re-organize things a bit so related parameters are grouped togther, how can I best achieve this? :)

Thanks in advance.
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

It seems to be cut and paste.
scorp508

Post by scorp508 »

Six_Shooter wrote:It seems to be cut and paste.
Ah so it is just a simple XML file. I must have had something different open before. Thanks.
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

I meant cut and paste in Tuner Pro.

I've only messed with ADXs in txt format, so I can't say how messing with an XDF in txt format would work in the end.
scorp508

Post by scorp508 »

Six_Shooter wrote:I meant cut and paste in Tuner Pro.

I've only messed with ADXs in txt format, so I can't say how messing with an XDF in txt format would work in the end.
It appears to work just fine. I cleaned it up as I wanted it, made some changes, and sent a new BIN up to my Ostrich w/o issue.

One thing I did notice in the XML file is the scalers, tables, and contants are not grouped together so you can just go to the "table" area and move things around as they're just scattered in the file in the order the XDF was created. It doesn't seem to matter, just something I noticed as I was re-ordering them.
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

When viewing the 'Parameter Tree' window in 'Parameter Ordered List' mode you can drag the items to new positions.
scorp508

Post by scorp508 »

dex wrote:When viewing the 'Parameter Tree' window in 'Parameter Ordered List' mode you can drag the items to new positions.
Well THAT makes it a hell of a lot easier! Thanks for the tip. :)