Made BMW M43 660 DME XDF file, need help with RPM scale

Discuss Bosch (Porsche, BMW, Volvo, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

HansV

Made BMW M43 660 DME XDF file, need help with RPM scale

Post by HansV »

I no think I have made a working difinition file for my 1996 316 M43 with motronic 1.7.3. But I need some help with the RPM scaling.
How do I calculate the RPM scale based on the motronic map header? I understand that the last number is ther highest RPM, and the others are used to calculate the rest of the scale based on the differens. But how is this actually done here? The last scale values are 67h and 6Ah. Do I only multiply with a constant to get the max value? That should be around 6300rpm. Just multiply with 60?
I have indentified the RPM limiter, 2 safe mode ignition maps, 4 WOF fuel map, 3 partial trottle fuel maps and 6 ignition maps so far.
If anyone is interested in the XFD, send me a PM. I will offer it for the download section when I am finished with it.
I would also be happy if anyone with more experience would check that I got the definitions correct.
Rifat.Ergen

Re: Made BMW M43 660 DME XDF file, need help with RPM scale

Post by Rifat.Ergen »

Hello
I want to modify my ECU of my BMW 318i with M43 Engine
Can you send me your XDF please?
I am Booking forward to your answer.
Sincerly Rifat
P0siti0n45

Re: Made BMW M43 660 DME XDF file, need help with RPM scale

Post by P0siti0n45 »

Hi, I want to modify my bmw e36 316i m43 as well, could you send me the xdf file?
Thanks in advance.