Dropping Bad Frames

Submit feature suggestions for future versions of TunerPro here.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

robertisaar
Author of Defs

Dropping Bad Frames

Post by robertisaar »

every once in a while, my cable either loses contact or does something wrong at the USB port. having 4 ports to choose from, i've tried all of them, some are more error-prone than others but they all seem to do it sometime. the better ones around 1 error every 10 mintues or so of logging, the worst one being VERY finicky and can go from 1 in 10 minutes to about once a second.

is there any way to make TP know that bad samples are happening, and to remove them automatically from the log?

i'm no software engineer, but since the stream pushes out a checksum, it seems like something could be done...
JP86SS

Post by JP86SS »

That would be neat to be able to get rid of any errant samples. "Maybe" a way to have TP rewrite a "comment" symbol at the beginning of that particular row of data in the log then resaving it. Since it is already indexed to the correct spot, marking it may not be difficult.
Purely speculation but might spark an idea to Mark on that.

As far as getting diffeent rates of bad data, Seems different port timing caused me to see the same thing. One computer needs allot of delay between reads where other ports do not. Having a real fast repeat rate of the command caused my problem. Making the repeat delay longer made it work much better on both machines.
HTH