Newbie question about maf table changes

Discuss anything tuning related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

slemon

Newbie question about maf table changes

Post by slemon »

:? O.k. This is my first ever post, so I'm sure it'll be lame, but here goes.
I've got a 383, 58mm TB, Steath Ram, 28# inj., Hot cam, AFR 190's, 700r4, 3.42 rear, '165 computer.

I downloaded the ARAP bin file and made the usual newbie changes. (set N.O. fan switch, injector size, spark ref. angle to match dist. at 12*, vats and egr disable, Idle adjust , fuel & rev limit set higher) Made trips to log data.
The Grams per second for airflow is higher than what is in the table(of course) and I think that is what I need to change next before I start messing with the spark (and other) tables. Am I on the right track, or should I look at other areas first?

I spent the entire day looking through posts on thirdgen.org, but I seem to be more confused than ever. (MAF changes, MAF scalar values,LV8 tabeles(AAAARRGGHHH!!!) There is so much info out there that it is difficult to assimilate it all and separate the good info from the not-so-good. It seems like there are so many different ways to arrive at a solution, and they are all confusing (I'm gonna need the large economy size bottle of asprin at this rate).
Thanks in advace!
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

You should change the MAF tables to zero in your mixture (or fuel trim, i.e. BLM) for a given airflow/RPM/Load.

You generally don't need to worry much about the scalars.

Determing where you're rich or lean in your RPM and load, and determine how much air you're flowing at that point. Find that flow in the table and increase or decrease it.

If you're rich for a given airflow, find the flow in the table and reduce it. This tells the computer to reduce the fuel at that voltage outputted by the MAF. If you're lean, find the flow in the table and increase it.

Make small changes and note the corresponding changes.

M
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am