153 tuning, need some advise.

Discuss Bosch (Porsche, BMW, Volvo, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

thermans

153 tuning, need some advise.

Post by thermans »

I am trying to tune fuel maps emulating using autoprom on a 153 dme. Changes made in the fuel maps does not make any change at the O2 reading. I was thinking Limp home, are the fuel maps used at all when in limp home?

And i didnt get it how the injector constants worked, so i decreased the AFM map scale factors, the whole map until i got a nice O2 reading(bigger injectors).
But how exactly does this map work? as it looks a bit odd to me.
revlimit

Post by revlimit »

when you want to tune the fueling in your 153 ecu, you got to disconnect stock 02 sensor then with your aftermarket wideband you will tune the maps until you get desirable air fuel ratio. After you are done reconnect stock 02 sensor.

the 1x8 air flow meter map is a calculator for bigger 1x32 afm map, so it works as 8 bytes times 32 bytes gives resolution of 256 bytes, and that is 16x16 map, Bosch is wierd sometimes, there are many things unknown, I am alone in this so you can't expect to know all of the information. You know all other tuners keep their mouth shot because they only think about making money
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

or we honestly don't know. all of my knowledge is of GM setups, and whenever there is a question about a GM ECM, i at least read it. if i can contribute, i do.

we're not all out to make money. some of us just honestly enjoy playing with vehicles...
thermans

Post by thermans »

yes of course i have disconnected stock O2 sensor. but the ecu(or autoprom) does not respond to changes in the fuel maps when emulating.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

robertisaar wrote:or we honestly don't know. all of my knowledge is of GM setups, and whenever there is a question about a GM ECM, i at least read it. if i can contribute, i do.

we're not all out to make money. some of us just honestly enjoy playing with vehicles...
I think he's referring to the other BMW tuners, who are typically a closed-lip group.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
revlimit

Post by revlimit »

Yes, BMW I reffered to BMW community. The GM community works together to discover secrets
thermans

Post by thermans »

Can you guys think of anything that could cause the non responding map changes ? i get uppload success and everything else seems to work..
thermans

Post by thermans »

Today i tried a 179 unit with the same result. From this one i could read fault codes(flashing light). When the emulator is plugged in I get the fault code - 1211 Control unit. I guess this could be a checksum error!?
revlimit

Post by revlimit »

if you got 179 ecu then load 173 file in it, and then with ostrich2 emulate it, in tunerpro click on tab "emulate ecu", then every time you make a change the tunerpro will automaticly upload it to emulator. There is no checksum on these ecus so that is not a problem.