Who Needs An ADS or ADX?

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

if you can see the entire BIN at that point, save buffer to file, then go Ctrl + O in the main screen of tunerpro and select it.
mod11hemi

Post by mod11hemi »

I don't have the adx loaded. (haven't found it)
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

you don't need the ADX to view/adjust the BIN, just the XDF. the ADx is for decoding the datastream.

from the sounds of it, you're probably running A1, but when the BIN is loaded, open up the hex editor and check out position 0008. that will likely tell you what mask it is, unless it's "AA" in which case it will require some more thought.
mod11hemi

Post by mod11hemi »

There is nothing there other than the 8 0's and FF
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

are you using the standalone flash and burn software from moates, or the module that's built into tunerpro?
mod11hemi

Post by mod11hemi »

Through tuner pro
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

i'm plugging my BURN2 in to simulate going through this step by step....

plug in BURN2
open tunerpro
press control + B
select the chip i'm working with(let's assume 27C256 for similicity)
read chip(wait the 3 seconds or so necessary to finish)
edit buffer
confirm valid data(or at least looks believable and is 7FFF bytes long) in buffer
save buffer to file
give short, simple name like "PROM test.Bin"
close the read/write utility.
press Ctrl + O
find my "prom test.bin" file, make sure it's exactly 32KB in size before opening.
press Ctrl +H to open hex editor
check out location 0008 to determine mask.
mod11hemi

Post by mod11hemi »

1 byte
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

you know....

come to think of it, Craig Moates has a neat system that allows him to control your system over the internet.... you may want to email him or his support team and see if they can figure it out.... after all, they made the burner your using, they would be the best people to ask when it comes to something like this.
bear8ruf

saturn adx

Post by bear8ruf »

I got the Saturn ADX working. I had to add a stop chatter command. The engine speed and timing offsets needed to be reduced by 1. Also, the temp readings need to be inverted (higher voltage = lower temp) but I didn't get that figured out properly yet. I'm thinking the (255-x) in place of the x in the formula should work, but my readings didn't seem quite right.

unfortunately, my laptop (among other things) got stolen, so I am on hold until I get some insurance money.
ant_evo

TURBO

Post by ant_evo »

Hey robertisaar.. I have a few burnt chips (and files/bins) for the 88-92 FORD PROBE/MAZDA MX6 TURBO maybe they can be used as reference.. I have one for stock (330) injectors and one that's supposedly for bigger injectors (440)..Let me know I would love to help out,,,.
O ya The modified BINS SUPPOSEDLY HAVE THE FOLLOWING MODS
FUEL CUT---I NO FOR SURE
TIMING
FUEL
BIGGER INJECTORS
mistaben

Post by mistaben »

Hi robert, do you by chance have files for a 91' conv, auto, corvette?

I was told to ask you specifically for such files, said you keep these around?

thanks.

tony
dkblue69

ADS for 1995 Chevy S10 with 2.2L, 5 Speed Trans, and A/C.

Post by dkblue69 »

I would like to request an ADS file for TP V5 for a '95 Chevy S10 with a 2.2L 4 cyl engine that has port fuel injection. I got an ALDL cable for it off the web and it does feed the datastream to my laptop, but it appears I do not have the correct definition file for it. I read on one web page that the A269 file would work, but when I use it, the data I get back does not make sense.

I know an old pickup truck is not a "fun" vehicle to be using TunerPro with. My objective is to correct it's present malaise and to maintain it in the future.
Thanks for your assistance. 8)
dkblue69

Request for 1995 Chevy S10 .ADS File

Post by dkblue69 »

I would like to request an .ads file for a "95 Chevy S10 with a port fuel injected 2.2 L engine with A/C. that will work with TP V5. I tried using an A269 that I read somewhere on the web that it would work, but the data that it produces does not make sense.
I know this is not a "fun" vehicle to produce an .ads file for. My intention is to correct a present malaise my truck's engine has and to maintain it in the future.
DJSTEFFON

Post by DJSTEFFON »

I could really use one for a 1995 cavalier 2.2l automatic for tunerpro rt 4

Djsteffon@juno.com
fmartens6116

Post by fmartens6116 »

hi i was wondering if you can help me out i dont have alot of info on my car it is hard to find any but i have a 93 3.1 flex fuel lumina vin w there is a data stream definition on this site for it but i cant find anything else i am new to this program and not sure were to go from here you seem to have this down very well and i would very much apreciate any help you can provide me
davveek

Post by davveek »

hey i was wondering if i could get a custom file for mine it is a well built 350 tbi but the stock tune wont let it idle, its extremely rich floods out. any ideas? i can send specs if will help
EagleMark

Post by EagleMark »

davveek wrote:hey i was wondering if i could get a custom file for mine it is a well built 350 tbi but the stock tune wont let it idle, its extremely rich floods out. any ideas? i can send specs if will help
You need to make adjustments to your bin file. This thread is for Aquisiton files to datalog. ADX files.

Robert has not been on the net since June so I am not sure any of these requests are going to be met.

Most definitions are already done at:

http://tunerpro.net/downloadBinDefs.htm
1990 Chevy Suburban
1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1.
1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 TBI

GearHead-EFI.com EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners!
iceman

Post by iceman »

hi can you help supply adx files to suit ford eec4? , i can supply the current xdf/bin files if required

i will be happy to pay for your time please contact me at sales@snortperformance.com
EagleMark

Post by EagleMark »

You would need the ALDL.ds file to write and adx for TunerPro. I have never seen any Ford ALDL files available for Fords...

For now you may have a Scantool that would give information needed for tuning? Mine does record data as well. HTH!
1990 Chevy Suburban

iceman

Post by iceman »

thankyou for your quick reply

i am unsure what you mean by aldl.ds file?, there has been adx files created for the v8 ecu gufb but none available for my application

i have the vehicle running with quarterhorse and uploading the tune live but access to data logging/trace bubble would be very helpful for tuning

i have been informed the eec4 requires a patch code to operate? the gufb has this already done but i cant seem to reverse engineer the concept for my application

sorry for the nob questions but any help would be much appreciated
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

I was under the impression that the Quarterhose had a built in datalogging feature, maybe based on the hit tracing feature, similar to the Ostrich 2.0.
iceman

Post by iceman »

yes it does have data logging but requires the adx files to work?

we would like to enable trace bubble for tuning as well as data logging to make the tuning process more accurate as the vehicles have been modified ( forced induction )
EagleMark

Post by EagleMark »

The Quarter Horse is sold by Moates so if there is an adx file I'm sure they would give it to you.

As far as the Data Tracing (bubble tracing) I could teach you to do that:
http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inject ... Pro-How-To!

or if it is more time consuming then you want to get into you could contact me.
1990 Chevy Suburban

iceman

Post by iceman »

pm sent :D
EngineerBill

Need 16132240 AZCT scan ID 2466 XDF, ADX, Bin files for

Post by EngineerBill »

Does anyone have TunerPro files (XDF, ADX, Bin) to start with for:

1992 Deville ECU 16132240 AZCT (PCM) and the chip has scan ID of 2466 which is listed as a '92 Cadillac E or K body (Eldorado or Seville) with L26 engine (4.9) and F79 transmission (2.97 ratio 4T60E) and NB2 emissions (California requirements)?

It's for a '93 4.9L Seville engine with '92 PCM that I put in my Fiero.

I checked the http://tunerpro.net/downloadBinDefs.htm web page and couldn't find anything there.

Thanks in advance.

Engineer Bill
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

http://tunerpro.net/gmOBDI.htm

A095 should work for you.

you would need to pull the BIN off of your current MEMCAL, since there aren't many cadillac BINs floating around on the net.

i MAY have a partial XDF for you, but you'll need to have a BIN first to check against it.
aka81109

Post by aka81109 »

I'm trying to find a way to tune a 2006 chevy silverado with 4.3 5-speed, are there any .bin & .xdf files for it currently, or can tunerpro do that new of a vehicle.
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

assuming you had an ELM powered cable, then you would be able to do basic datalogging, but there are no XDFs made that i'm aware of, not to mention the inability to upload a modified file.
aka81109

Post by aka81109 »

I am very new to all this, i know about the ALDL cable, but what is a ELM powered cable. the only vehicles i have are a 2006 silerado and a 2011 impala, i wouldnt mind just seeing data. I just want to play with tunerpro, do you have anything that could be used to tune a hyundai elantra 2.0. sorry for the questions i've been wanting to try and tune EFI for a long time.
aka81109

Post by aka81109 »

What number do i need off the ECU to figure out where to start at, i pulled the sticker off and have all the numbers,just not sure what to do with it.
mitchyd89

Post by mitchyd89 »

Hello. I have a 92 Z28 with LB9 305 5-speed. I'm looking to just datalog so I believe that I only need the ads file. If there already is one could you point me in the right direction? Also, is that the only file I need just to read/communicate with the ecm? I'm not sure of the mask. All i can find is the 90 91 8D mask. Thank you!
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

use the 8D stuff, since that is what your car is. it's listed as 90-91 since that is how it is used for corvettes, since they went to LT1 in 1992, whereas the F-bodies kept the SBC for 1992.

aka81109: i really can't do much for you, since what you're attempting to do is beyond the scope of this thread. an ELM cable is one that uses an ELM IC to communicate with the modules in the vehicle, the most popular one being the ELM327 since it is capable of interfacing with all used OBD2 protocalls. Mark wrote a plugin for it to allow basic logging using tunerpro, but i've never used it myself so i can't really give much more info about it other than it being on the plugin page of the main site.
aka81109

Post by aka81109 »

ok, thanks for the help. i'm going to try and figure a way to mess obd2 systems, if i get any where i will let yall know
carlosmva1

Request for Saturn SC2 (ADX OR ADS FILE)

Post by carlosmva1 »

robertisaar wrote:here's a quick version, try it out and see if there are any serious problems with it. assuming it works well, i'll fill in the rest of the info and maybe some of the interesting mode4 commands.

http://www.wikifortio.com/698519/saturntest1.adx
Robertisaar,

I see you posted some ADX,ADS file for Saturns (OBD1), unfortunately this files are not available anymore on the page. Could you send me the file by email if you still have it, or reply to me by this mean.

PS I'm having a tough time trying to find this file, so thanks in advance
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

http://www.saturnwiki.com/wiki/index.ph ... ata_Stream

i can't find the file anymore, and this is all the information i can find, which isn't quite enough for me to make an ADX from.
carlosmva1

Request for Saturn SC2 (ADX OR ADS FILE)

Post by carlosmva1 »

robertisaar wrote:http://www.saturnwiki.com/wiki/index.ph ... ata_Stream

i can't find the file anymore, and this is all the information i can find, which isn't quite enough for me to make an ADX from.
Could you try to make one for engine speed and vehicle speed only. My dashboard is not working and I'm trying to make my own using a tablet, but I need an ADS file as input for the software. I tried to make my own, but it is not connecting through tunerproRT. It connects through other Truck's ALDL Software though, but the bits are not the same.

This is what I have so far:

Code: Select all

{
	dwItemType               =1;
	strItemComments          =<Comments>;
	bSeparator               =0;
	bVisible                 =1;
	dwUniqueID               =12;

btByteNumber             =2;
	btMessageNumber          =1;
	dwItemSizeBits           =8;
	dwOperation              =6;
	dFactor                  =1.000000;
	dOffset                  =0.000000;
	strItemTitle             =Coolant Temp C;
	strUnitLabel             =*C;
	dwAlarmHigh              =255;
	bAlarmHighENable         =0;
	dwAlarmLow               =0;
	bAlarmLowEnable          =0;
	iRangeHigh               =255;
	iRangeLow                =0;
	iLookupTableIndex        =12;
&#125;

&#123;
	dwUniqueID               =17;

btByteNumber             =7;
	dwItemSizeBits           =16;
	dwOperation              =0;
	dFactor                  =25.000000;
	strItemTitle             =Engine Speed;
	strUnitLabel             =RPM;
	iLookupTableIndex        =-1;
&#125;

&#123;
	dwUniqueID               =18;

btByteNumber             =8;
	dwItemSizeBits           =8;
	dwOperation              =6;
	dFactor                  =1.000000;
	strItemTitle             =Vehicle Speed;
	strUnitLabel             =F;
	iLookupTableIndex        =13;
&#125;
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

the data listed is good enough, but there are some pretty important parts of the stream missing, like the module ID of the PCM.
carlosmva1

ADS/ADX for Saturn 95

Post by carlosmva1 »

robertisaar wrote:the data listed is good enough, but there are some pretty important parts of the stream missing, like the module ID of the PCM.
Can I use this data to cover the missing info.??

http://saturnwiki.net/wiki/index.php?ti ... _Transaxle

1995 SOHC(L24) / Automatic Transaxle
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

no, but i may have found what i used in the past to figure out a few things......

looks like a module ID of F4, so i can throw together a real quick ADS or ADX for you to test.
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

http://wikisend.com/download/533912/saturn.zip

try these, included an ADS and ADX that may or may not work. only covered TPS since that is pretty easy to verify with the engine off.
Zaloryan

Post by Zaloryan »

I know it has been a few months since this thread was hit up, but I'm wondering if a definition file to do some datalogging on 1993 SC2 (1.9 DOHC) Saturn.

I do have the ALDL Xtreme cable from Moates.net and currently have TunerPro RT installed. I have performed successful tuning/datalogging on some LG7 A-body vehicles and would greatly appreciate some files to help out my friend on his Saturn. We're trying to trace down some peculiar drive-ability issues.

Many thanks.
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

i'll need to look again, but i seem to remember pretty much none of the saturn stuff made it into the ALDLStuff.zip archive that has most of the OBD1 streams in it.

without it, you have to reverse engineer every single byte in the datastream..... or have some inside knowledge of how a tech1 is acquiring and displaying the info.
Zaloryan

Post by Zaloryan »

Thanks for the response. Looks like the Saturn will be a dead end.

Any possible XDF & ADX file for a 1994 Chevrolet Beretta (L-Body) with an LN2 (2.2 MPFI cylinder)?
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

A269 for the ADX.

the $36 XDF might be correct?
Zaloryan

Post by Zaloryan »

I cannot find those files on the Tunerpro definition page.

Sorry, mind holding my hand with this?
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

http://tunerpro.net/gmOBDI.htm

you'll find the A269 ADS here, which can be converted to an ADX fairly easily.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xey9g7d83eerrui/A269.adx?dl=0

alternatively, i just converted it there.

looks like the XDF isn't in the TP downloads section though.... isn't on gearhead-efi either.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bffvuudvba20n ... 6.xdf?dl=0

i don't know where it came from or if it is even correct for your car, but it might be useful.
SCReatta

Re: Who Needs An ADS or ADX?

Post by SCReatta »

robertisaar wrote:i've got time on my hands and have been slowly adding to the list on the site, but i don't know what people want/need.
So I am new to tunning, and could really use some help. I need a definition file for a 89 Buick Reatta. The car originally had the LN3 3800/3.8. The GM Prom code is"APTN" if that helps. It is listed in the definition page as A072, but there is no link. I do have a definition for Tunercat but I really need to be able to stream and log live data.
Think you might be willing to take a shot at it?
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

A072 does look correct, post here tomorrow(bad memory) and i'll see if i can get it done. at first glance, it looks really similar to a few other i've made, possibly close enough to only need slight tweaking for an 89 reatta.
SCReatta

Post by SCReatta »

Sweet. It would be appreciated as I have been looking at trying it myself, but would have a extremely steep learning curve on it and not a lot of time on my hands. Not sure if you take donations for your work, but I can tell you I would be willing to donate, as this definition would save me buying a live scanner and a lot of hassle in recording the live screen.
Daniel
1989 Buick Reatta with a Series III supercharged 3800 bolted to a F40 six speed transmission