MAP Tracer

Submit feature suggestions for future versions of TunerPro here.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

Squelch

MAP Tracer

Post by Squelch »

OK.. yes I'm new here... I think the software is great for playing with Delco ECM's.

I've done lot's of engine tuning on chassis dynos and engine dynos, with several different standalone systems.
One item that always speeds up the fuel map and iginition map tuning process is a map tracer.

Since the software already displays the map table AND it's reading in the ALDL data stream of a running engine, how much easier would it be to load cell tune an engine if there was a red box on the fuel map that followed the ALDL data stream and positioned itself over the proper cell in the fuel map?

Just thought I'd share that.. keep up the great work...
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Yes, this has been on the list for quite a while and will be there in the 4.X series of releases (through not in 4.00). This requires a new bin definition format (the re-write of which is complete), so it wasn't an easy task.

This is the direction I'm headed, however. And from there, next will be auto-tuning.

Now, if only I could find more spare time... hmmmm. :D
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Squelch

Post by Squelch »

Glad to hear that it's aready in the works. Let me know if I can be of any assistance beta testing it...
paul

Post by paul »

Mangus wrote:Yes, this has been on the list for quite a while and will be there in the 4.X series of releases (through not in 4.00). This requires a new bin definition format (the re-write of which is complete), so it wasn't an easy task.

This is the direction I'm headed, however. And from there, next will be auto-tuning.

Now, if only I could find more spare time... hmmmm. :D

Sounds great,will the old bin definitions still work ? will they need mods , or will tunerpro convert them ?? I love the sound of auto-tuning :lol:

FULL NOISE :twisted:
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

TunerPro will convert ECUs to the new definition format, however, for trace functionality to work (once I implement it in a future version), you'll need to modify the definition with the appropriate information.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am