Need Tuning Mentor!

Discuss anything tuning related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

90RebuiltN09

Need Tuning Mentor!

Post by 90RebuiltN09 »

Hew to the tuning thing! I need some guidence on how to get started! I just purchased a OBD1/ USB cable and down loaded Moats GM ECM and Tuner Pro! I do not know were to start. First I have a no start opperation on my 1990 vette. And wanted to know if I can use this as a source to get a basic idea were to start. I had the motor rebuilt and practily replaced all electrical components except the MAP and ETS. Do both softwere work on MS Vista? How do I check for the data stream on the cable. Both not working! :cry: Deffently operator Error! :roll: Iv got a GM Book and will always refer to the basics! The book does also refer to the Tech1 GM code reader! Some guidence and links to reading would be helpful! I. want to educate myself. :idea: A basic tuner starting point would be great! Thank You!
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Best place to start is probably www.thirdgen.org/techbb2/diy-prom/

Your 90 vette uses the $8D mask. AUJP is a popular bin for that mask. You'll be looking for an 8D.xdf definition. Searching at the aforementioned forum on AUJP will yield lots of tips, tricks, and info.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
90RebuiltN09

Post by 90RebuiltN09 »

Mangus wrote:Best place to start is probably www.thirdgen.org/techbb2/diy-prom/

Your 90 vette uses the $8D mask. AUJP is a popular bin for that mask. You'll be looking for an 8D.xdf definition. Searching at the aforementioned forum on AUJP will yield lots of tips, tricks, and info.
Thanks for the Info!