logs changing sample size and other things.

Report bugs found in TunerPro. Please be sure to include as much info as possible, including system specs, OS, repro steps and TunerPro version number.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

j91z28d1n2o

logs changing sample size and other things.

Post by j91z28d1n2o »

so I've just got to the point with my tuning of making some boost with my car and I'm having trouble with logging.

I first noticed that I had a log that was 4k samples but once I went to replay it. it only showed up as 1100 samples. and missed the part where I got into it and made some boost. so while playing around I loaded earlier log and it looked right, sample number wise. so then I went back and reloaded my last log and it was about 4k.. it was weird but I could get to it so I didn't care. well then I started searching thru it and anything above about 3lbs of boost was just not there. I pulled it up to 15lbs. I found the spot that was missing by looking at the air intake temps. where they jumped from 89* to 130* in one sample. odd thing was the sample count column didn't show any numbers skipped.

I tried starting a new load file since that one was a little big but that didn't help either. my new log was only 300ish simples and I saw over 1000 while it was recording.

car info is a 91z28 running a 730 ecm and code59. it seems to log great as long as I'm a lb or 2 of boost. but anything more makes the logs do weird things, like the changing size thing after loading another log then going back to the first one. and just skipping everything else during boost.

any ideas what could cause this?
j91z28d1n2o

Post by j91z28d1n2o »

ok, so still trying to work thru this...

first I'm pretty sure that there is a real bug in the logging part where after you record a log and then go back to playback. some times you have to load a older log then go back and load the new log you want to view. if not some times only about half the samples you recorded, show up.

but as for my missed samples under boost/higher rpms, I'm lost. I used to be able to, now I can't. also I tried logging data from my gf 90 tpi car and it will only connect for about 3 sec at first key on. then stop and nothing I do will get it to work again untill a key off, tp restart and hit the connect button and then key on. it will connect and work for a few sec than stop every time and I get nothing but error packets.

it also used to work on this car too. so now I have one car that only gets data at low rpms that's running code59 in a 730 ecm and another that only works for a few sec with the stock $d8 in the 730 ecm.

blah, I'm lost.