Table Trace Query

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

dex
The Ford Guy

Table Trace Query

Post by dex »

I am trying to implement table tracing on a table where the row axis is MAP but it uses only about 40% of the MAP range. The row input value is the 2 bar sensor raw MAP A-D counts scaled to a range of 0.3 - 1.9 bar and then this is clipped to 1.21 - 1.9 bar by subtracting 0x90 from the value. Does any one know how to set up either the .xdf or .adx to allow tracing in such an instance as this?

My initial thought was to set up a 'dummy' map value in the .adx and assign the table's row DA association to it. I've tried it with the equation:

(X-144)/128+0.08

but this doesn't work (please note I am deliberately ignoring the scaling of the raw A-D count to the 0.3 - 1.9 bar value here to simplify things at this stage).

Thanks.
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

This is for a Ford application, I would assume?

Are you using data hit tracing or datastream from a Quarterhorse?

I know on the GM stuff, TP just uses the value in the variable that is displayed from the ADX and matches it up to the value in the axis of the table, regardless of using the whole scale or not. Have you tried just straight linking the full scale ADX variable to the table?
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

No, it's a GM ecu.

Initially I did simply link the ADMAP value as 'explicit' but this simply sat the trace bubble on the top row of the table all the time. Not knowing exactly how TP uses the .adx value (raw value or conversion value?) when tracing isn't helping me figure this out :(
EagleMark

Post by EagleMark »

For data tracing the .xdf and .adx files have to be in the same file.

Don't know if this will help but it's from the help section of TPV5

TunerPro RT implements a feature that allows you to correlate data acquisition data with bin parameters in real-time. This feature is useful for quickly identifying problem areas in a tune and the parameters responsible for the problem. This is accomplished by "linking" an XDF (bin definition) file with an ADX (Acquisition Datastream definition) file. Once the link has been made, you can edit the XDF items to have direct links to ADX items.

Some notes on data acquisition data tracing:

XDF Constants with ADX linkage will display the ALDL output in the opened constant editor (see Figure A below)
XDF Tables with ADX linkage will show the currently active cells in a highlighted state (see Figure B below)
In order for XDF Tables to be linked, the axes output types must be set to a non-string type (i.e. int, float, etc). If set to string, TunerPro cannot resolve Data Acquisition output to an axis value.
When using explicit linking, the link path between an XDF and ADX is relative. If distributing linked files, it is simplest to link the files while they are in the same directory (and distribute them that way). If the ADX and XDF files live in different directories, the files must be distributed (i.e. zipped or rared) with the directory structure intact.
1990 Chevy Suburban
1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1.
1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 TBI

GearHead-EFI.com EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners!
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

Not sure what you mean by "to be in the same file", I'm guessing you mean the same folder. Generally table tracing is not a problem, it's just this particular table where only approx 40% of the input variable's range is used.
EagleMark

Post by EagleMark »

yes same folder... sorry...
1990 Chevy Suburban

dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

Here's a screen shot to illustrate the problem. RPM is tracing OK and the dutycycle can be visually seen to be about right yet the bubble stays incorrectly on the top row.

EagleMark

Post by EagleMark »

can you email me your bin, xdf and adx file? I've got some time to kill today and will give it a shot as I am in this stage of learning curve with the software as well?
eaglemarkyoung@gmail.com

EDIT: It may be helpful if I had your xdl log file too.
1990 Chevy Suburban

Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

Can you get a screen shot of the parameter set-up for the XDF of that table?

I find that it's always something in there. I know I've linked truncated tables previously, and it always came down to something simple in the settings.
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

How bizarre......... after two days of this not working I opened TP5 to try it again and it works. No changes were made to the .xdf or .adx since yesterday either !!!

EagleMark

Post by EagleMark »

darn Fords! :D
1990 Chevy Suburban

dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

Except it isn't a Ford :cry:
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

i've found that you generally need to restart TP for these types of changes to apply.
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

If I encounter this problem again, I'll see if that works. At least I now know that the conversion value is used for the table tracing :)
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

So what application is this? I'd be interested in maybe using a secondary injector set-up in some of my projects. ;)
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

It's using the 1228708 ecu. I actually dislike the 2nd injectors (a pair, fired into the plenum diffuser) and intend to disable them.
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

Hmmm.

That the secondary injector would work perfect for an idea that a friend of mine and I had, that would require secondary injectors to shut off, due to using progressive throttle linkage.

Are the code and related files uploaded somewhere? I'd love to see how well this would work for that idea.
EagleMark

Post by EagleMark »

Six_Shooter wrote:Hmmm.

That the secondary injector would work perfect for an idea that a friend of mine and I had, that would require secondary injectors to shut off, due to using progressive throttle linkage.

Are the code and related files uploaded somewhere? I'd love to see how well this would work for that idea.
You thinking about nitrous?
1990 Chevy Suburban

Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

No.

I wouldn't use secondary injectors run off the ECM for fuel enrichment, if I was to use Nitrous