Bosch 413 & MS42

Discuss Bosch (Porsche, BMW, Volvo, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

E36Mafia

Bosch 413 & MS42

Post by E36Mafia »

Im in the process of trying to hook up my Bosch 413 Red Label ECU from a 1994 325is to this program to start using it.

I need someone who has an electrical backround that can help me decypher a wiring diagram. I need to figure out which pin on the ECU does what.

So far this is all ive found its got a electrical diagram for the 325is ECU

http://www.wedophones.com/Manuals/BMW/1 ... Manual.pdf

These are some old files I found on the internet and on here.

Can someone explain what the load value is?

The values dont make any sense to me, what the hell is this! Revlimit came at 15,000 a deleted a zero. Someone definatly made the blow your engine up special and started dishing it out to all those who asked for the .bin file, lol.

Can this program support MS42 ECUs (siemens I believe) as in a 98 M3?
Pacman

Post by Pacman »

Those tables dont make sense. You must have a wrong definition file.

I have the Bentley Manual for E36 and it has pin assignment tables for:
Bosch M1.7
Bosch M3.1
Bosch M3.3.1
Bosch M5.2
Siemens MS41.1

Is it one of those DME you need pin assignments for?
E36Mafia

Post by E36Mafia »

Pacman wrote:Those tables dont make sense. You must have a wrong definition file.

Bosch M1.7
Bosch M3.1
Bosch M3.3.1
Bosch M5.2
Siemens MS41.1

The files were downloads I found surfing the web, most of them posted in thread by individuals. My guess is it was posted like that on purpose by some A-hole

As for the pin outs actually yes! Im not recognizing any of those names except for the Siemens. Im not sure but people have been telling me the Siemens MS41.1 is the ECU thats in my OBDII 97 M3, ill have to figure out how to check it. Im going to work with the OBDI unit first incase I blow it up.

Anyway I need to source things like power pins, ground, communication pins.

My other ECU is a Bosch (0 261 200 413) red label. Do you have a PDF version of the bentley manual?

By the way ill take the MS41.1 pin out if you have it accessible.

Im ordering some more cables today. A galetto and KWP2K+
Need E30 or E36 parts? Contact me!
E36Mafia

Post by E36Mafia »

Can anyone figure out which pins supply power from the chart via the link in the first post?
Need E30 or E36 parts? Contact me!
Pacman

Post by Pacman »

E36Mafia wrote:Can anyone figure out which pins supply power from the chart via the link in the first post?
In that document, about 1210 and on there are the same ECU pinout lists for various ECUs.
bmwconnect

Post by bmwconnect »

E36Mafia wrote:
Pacman wrote:Those tables dont make sense. You must have a wrong definition file.

Bosch M1.7
Bosch M3.1
Bosch M3.3.1
Bosch M5.2
Siemens MS41.1

The files were downloads I found surfing the web, most of them posted in thread by individuals. My guess is it was posted like that on purpose by some A-hole

As for the pin outs actually yes! Im not recognizing any of those names except for the Siemens. Im not sure but people have been telling me the Siemens MS41.1 is the ECU thats in my OBDII 97 M3, ill have to figure out how to check it. Im going to work with the OBDI unit first incase I blow it up.

Anyway I need to source things like power pins, ground, communication pins.

My other ECU is a Bosch (0 261 200 413) red label. Do you have a PDF version of the bentley manual?

By the way ill take the MS41.1 pin out if you have it accessible.

Im ordering some more cables today. A galetto and KWP2K+
Your stock DME in the 97' M3 is indeed a MS41.1 DME
If you want a proper XDF done for that 413 you can PM me for details
aboutton

Post by aboutton »

I have AutoData and AllData softwares, all ECU pins are described and i think i can help you with this.
PM me