Comment on XDF Conversion

Submit feature suggestions for future versions of TunerPro here.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

Frank_and_Beans

Comment on XDF Conversion

Post by Frank_and_Beans »

I think it is really cool that you can now have a matrix of conversion formula for each table in your XDF.

The way it appears to work now, is that the cell conversion overrides all other conversions, the column conversion overrides the general, etc.

I think it would be cool if all the conversions were cumulative. In other words, you could have individual cell conversions, but still apply the column conversion on on top of the cell conversion, and then the global conversion on top of everything.

I realize that this doesn't really add any functionality (as you would achieve the same output by just changing all the individual cell conversions), but would result in less typing when you need different cell conversions, and make conversions easier to change in general. The way it is setup right now is a little confusing, because when you apply a cell conversion, the global conversion is still showing, but no longer applies.

Just a thought. Not sure if it's worth working on or not.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Thanks for the suggestion!
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Frank_and_Beans

Another feature that I would like to see pertains to emulating integer math a little better in the conversion.

It would be great if you implemented both ROUND and FLOOR functions. Usage would be similar to the excel version of these functions - ROUND rounds the number to a specified decimal, and FLOOR truncates a number to a specified decimal.

Also, as mentioned in another thread, there appears to be a problem with the IF function in conversions. I can't seem to get it to work using the operator as a output of the function. IF(X<20;X:X*2) doesn't work.

Thanks for listening to ramblings.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

In the IF function usage, what is X? The native value of the item?
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Frank_and_Beans

Yeah, X would be the table value.
Frank_and_Beans

Looks like the IF function is now fixed in the latest release - SWEET!

I have another request relating to the IF Function now - Nested IF.

For instance

IF(X<20;X;IF(X<40;X*2;X*3)) Where X is the native value of the table. Doesn't seem to work properly now.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Investigating.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am