SES light and Cooling Fan on during emulation or new burn

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

carcaper

SES light and Cooling Fan on during emulation or new burn

Post by carcaper »

tuning a 1993 chev camaro LT1 350 using DA3.xdf. successful at reading the bin from the original chip wihich did not have any issues other than a very choppy VE table causing a lean idle to mid range. When I am emulating the copy of the bin, or even reburn it to a new chip I am getting a ses light, the cooling fan runs and I get a quad driver error code 26. When I put the original chip back in the ecm I don't have these issues. All I want to do is correct the VE table and burn a new chip with other values untouched. Is this possible to do or am I going to need to start over reswitching everything? I have adjusted the VE table to where the engine is running at least 75 % better but I can't move on becasue I have created a new problem. Anybody have any ideas on what I am messing up here?

Thanks
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

sounds like the checksum isn't getting updated correctly...

change the mask id from DA to AA and see if that fixes your problem.
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

It also sounds like you're not using the correct offset, when prgramming the new EPROM, or possibly even reading the original EPROM.

I'm worried about when you say the stock VE table was "choppy", I've never seen a stock cal, where the VE and even spark tables weren't somewhat smooth. So to me it sounds like one of two things, you haven't read the original EPROM correctly, or you're not using the correct XDF, both could cause odd tables and values.
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

i've seen some goofy looking factory spark tables, but factory VE tables are almost always fairly smooth...
carcaper

Post by carcaper »

Six_Shooter wrote:It also sounds like you're not using the correct offset, when prgramming the new EPROM, or possibly even reading the original EPROM.

I'm worried about when you say the stock VE table was "choppy", I've never seen a stock cal, where the VE and even spark tables weren't somewhat smooth. So to me it sounds like one of two things, you haven't read the original EPROM correctly, or you're not using the correct XDF, both could cause odd tables and values.
Its not a stock bin its a customer bin and this is the one I am trying to start from. If you give me an email address I can attach it to an email and you could take a look if you like. When you say I'm not reading it right what would I possibly be doing wrong and I don't have a clue about what to do with offsets I'm new to this only been in about 1 week so have patience with me.
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

We are having paitence with you, we are answering your questions and trying to help. ;)

Read this on offsets:
http://support.moates.net/2010/04/05/pr ... g-offsets/

I'll PM you my email later.
carcaper

Post by carcaper »

Six_Shooter wrote:We are having paitence with you, we are answering your questions and trying to help. ;)

Read this on offsets:
http://support.moates.net/2010/04/05/pr ... g-offsets/

I'll PM you my email later.
Ok, I read the offset info on moates.net and I pretty confident but not positive that the aprom automatically uses the right offset when you are in the moates prom I/O I will check again now that I know what i'm looking for. This still don't explain why I have the same problem when I'm emulating from the pc. I can copy the chip to the pc and as long as I don't modify the file it works fine but the moment I change anything in the bin it sets the SES light, turns on the radiator fan, sets a quad driver code 26 and I loose my feed to the ALDL. I wish we could attach files to this discussion forum so everyone to take a look. I did try to change the the checksum from DA to AA and even tried a copy that Mark modified and it still does the same thing. I'm confused.