MAF TABLE CHANGE

Discuss anything tuning related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

dan2323

MAF TABLE CHANGE

Post by dan2323 »

im really new to all this so please be kind hehehe im trying to change the Maf tables for my L67 motor i have increased the size of the maf by 50% so would like to increase the table right the way through by 50% i assume this would bring it in line with the improved flow. the problem i have is the tables wont let me increse them by 50% at best 20%-30% i have burnt out a auto before by not having modded the maf table does any one have a idea on how to be able to increase the values by 50% would be greatly appriciated
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

which codemask is it?

and just because you increased the size of the MAF by 50% doesn't mean the tables need to increase 50%...

and what do you mean "burnt out a auto"? you killed a tranny because you didn't adjust the MAF tables?
dan2323

Post by dan2323 »

sorry not sure what you mean by code mask not good at all this yet and yes there is more than a few guys that have played with there maf ie making it larger and then burn out there auto becasue the auto takes its load settings from the maf also the more air flow the higher the line pressure in the auto so how would i work the relationship between the maf it self and the tables if i inlarge it by 50% in its flow i thought you must increase the values of air flow through the maf table by 50% ??? if not how does that all work ?
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

you'll need to adjust the MAF tables based on what your BLM/INT look like now, not necessarily just a across the board increase.

codemask: what is your XDF labeled as? something like 5B?
dan2323

Post by dan2323 »

the xdf lable is $51 whats the blm/int ? sorry
and so there isnt a value i can change to reflect the maf size increase ?
do you mean i would have to run it then mod it ?
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

51? so you're in australia? or at least are dealing with an austrailian vehicle?

unless your MAF came with a transfer sheet, yes you'll have to run it and tune the tables based off of that.

BLM/INT: maybe you know them better as long term fuel trim and short term fuel trim?
dan2323

Post by dan2323 »

yes i am in australia i have a friend that understands this alot more than me and hes the one that burns them for me but he doesnt have the time atm to play around finding out info for me.

The maf never came with a transfer sheet i have increased its size my self from the factory flow of 50mm or 2" to 75mm 3" there rough estamates i wrote it down some where any how after doing the math it worked out that it was a increase of 50% over stock.
i looked at a US web site and they sell ported mafs and suply a new table for the same engin as mine a L67 i looked at the table and there figues are even higher than mine.
I asumed i could adjust the flow on the Maf table to reflect the 50% increase and it would bring most if not all things into line with it ie more full give acurat info to the trans and so on.
I dont have the abilaty to tune on the run as the guy that does them lives 2 states from me and i dont have a lap top.
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

so you personally have no way to datalog? that's going to complicate things...
dan2323

Post by dan2323 »

this is correct but how ever having said that what am i going to need to be able to do so ?