V5

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

After your last couple of posts, I'm not so sure it's a Tuner Pro problem.

Try this:

After saving the modified ADX, close TP RT and re-open, see if the changes took effect. It may be something in your system (laptop) that's getting hit hard (RAM) and is unable to update as quickly as it should.

Can you try another laptop/computer?
turbodave

Post by turbodave »

Six_Shooter wrote:After your last couple of posts, I'm not so sure it's a Tuner Pro problem.

Try this:

After saving the modified ADX, close TP RT and re-open, see if the changes took effect. It may be something in your system (laptop) that's getting hit hard (RAM) and is unable to update as quickly as it should.

Can you try another laptop/computer?
Tried that, didn't help. Here's something that worked a few minutes ago.
I had to create a desktop shortcut, and right click the shortcut and select "run as adminiistrator", in order to be able to make such changes.

I have to do that each and everytime I open the program. Unlike a couple other programs I have had to do this step only once.

Odd indeed.

Now, If I could just get data acquired.
Last edited by turbodave on Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

turbodave wrote:Any idea on the data post? I can live with the gauge thing, but I doesn't help much to not be able to acquire data.
I welcome you to continue using V4.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
turbodave

Post by turbodave »

Mangus wrote:
turbodave wrote:Any idea on the data post? I can live with the gauge thing, but I doesn't help much to not be able to acquire data.
I welcome you to continue using V4.
OK, thanks for the advice. I was really hoping to get this to work friendly with the Translator Pro.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

turbodave wrote:OK, thanks for the advice. I was really hoping to get this to work friendly with the Translator Pro.
It will/should/does. Try contacting Bob; he's got a V5 build and claims to have it working quite well.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
turbodave

Post by turbodave »

Mangus wrote:
turbodave wrote:OK, thanks for the advice. I was really hoping to get this to work friendly with the Translator Pro.
It will/should/does. Try contacting Bob; he's got a V5 build and claims to have it working quite well.
Bob got me going.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

turbodave wrote:Bob got me going.
Solution being?
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
turbodave

Post by turbodave »

Mangus wrote:
turbodave wrote:Bob got me going.
Solution being?
I had imported an ads file from my 4.14 folder, and had V5 convert it to an adx file. That apparently didn't work properly.

He provided me with an adx file he had that works.

Cleared up all the problems I was having.
JP86SS

Post by JP86SS »

Not so sucky!
Not saving when making casual changes to the dash is a good thing.
The setup of the dashboard always comes back after playing around.
I like it that way.
If I find its better a different way, I edit and save it.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

I'll be adding a prompt to save the ADX if you've changed the Dash. This satisfies Dave (possibly), and those who would rather not apply their changes permanently.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

The only thing I would like added to the whole dash thing is a way to export and import just a single complete dash layout.

It takes a lot of time to input everything to create the same dash you have in another ADX, when an export and import feature would be the "bees knees". :D
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

Six_Shooter wrote:The only thing I would like added to the whole dash thing is a way to export and import just a single complete dash layout.

It takes a lot of time to input everything to create the same dash you have in another ADX, when an export and import feature would be the "bees knees". :D
oh, i know ALL about that.... i've made at least 10 full featured ADX files, all of them with a different dash....

though, certain ones do necessitate a different dash. a 86 S10 and a 95 vette ZR1 should look different.
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

robertisaar wrote:
Six_Shooter wrote:The only thing I would like added to the whole dash thing is a way to export and import just a single complete dash layout.

oh, i know ALL about that.... i've made at least 10 full featured ADX files, all of them with a different dash....

though, certain ones do necessitate a different dash. a 86 S10 and a 95 vette ZR1 should look different.
I disagree about the should look different part....

I find that no matter what mask I'm tuning, there are certain parameters that I seem to watch, more than others.

It would also be easier to edit the dashes for any new or additional gauges having a set base of gauges already there. :)