V5

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

audichap

Post by audichap »

Dare I ask again... is there an ETA on V5 yet ?
Even if the answer was a firm 'October 2009' I'd be happy...

The wait is painful.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

turbodave wrote:OK, I'll ask. Will V5 and Tranlsator Pro play well together?

Turbodave.
Yup!
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
revlimit

Post by revlimit »

audichap wrote:Dare I ask again... is there an ETA on V5 yet ?

The wait is painful.
I said march of 2010. I have already posted the ETA, why do people always ask this again and again.
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

revlimit wrote:
audichap wrote:Dare I ask again... is there an ETA on V5 yet ?

The wait is painful.
I said march of 2010. I have already posted the ETA, why do people always ask this again and again.
LOL
uglykid

Post by uglykid »

^^^
Laimis

Post by Laimis »

Any progress yet ? :roll:
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Public beta available later this week.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

Mangus wrote:Public beta available later this week.
and a collective cheer just rose from EVERYONE in this thread...
Rogue_Ant

Post by Rogue_Ant »

Mangus wrote:Public beta available later this week.
WOOT!
Morex

Post by Morex »

Great work Mark have been awaiting this and watching for the news great work and support as always looking forward to it, this will be a great leap forward in ease of use. Will be donataing as soon a released.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

www.tunerpro.net

See today's news item. Enjoy.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

Mark: you da man!

question: are you still going to host the ADS files at the same time that the equivalent ADX files go up?
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

robertisaar wrote:Mark: you da man!

question: are you still going to host the ADS files at the same time that the equivalent ADX files go up?
All existing ads files can be imported to V5 and saved as ADX files. I've been doing that for months now. ;)

The "imported" dash looks just like the original V4 dash, as in 6 values, displayed in blue, with white backgrounds.

Adding new and custom dashes is where the fun comes in, I have a few dashes made for some of the ADXs I use frequently. In one of the ADX files I have 3 ro 4 different dashes saved currently, and plan to add more.
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

Six_Shooter wrote: All existing ads files can be imported to V5 and saved as ADX files. I've been doing that for months now. ;)
i have been as well(closed beta FTW), but i'm just wondering as to the legacy of v4...
starrd

Post by starrd »

Great job Mark!!!

Feel free to post the V5 TechEdge Wideband (Version 2.0 Data frame) ADX file I sent you.

Also in your download area:

Volkswagen (Bosch Moronic) - some (non moronic) VW folks might take offense to this :lol:
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

robertisaar wrote:
Six_Shooter wrote: All existing ads files can be imported to V5 and saved as ADX files. I've been doing that for months now. ;)
i have been as well(closed beta FTW), but i'm just wondering as to the legacy of v4...
Ahh, ok, really don't know who was all in on the alpha release.
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

Six_Shooter wrote: Ahh, ok, really don't know who was all in on the alpha release.
no one other than Mark really would have known since we were supposed to keep somewhat quiet about it...
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Over time I'll phase in V5 definitions. For now, of course, I'm going to stick to V4 defs and leave it to you guys to create compelling V5 defs.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Laimis

Post by Laimis »

I'm trying to buy v5 TunerPro and get this message:

We cannot process this transaction because there is a problem with the PayPal email address supplied by the seller. Please contact the seller to resolve the problem. If this payment is for an eBay listing, you can contact the seller via the "Ask Seller a Question" link on the listing page. When you have the correct email address, payment can be made at www.paypal.com.

Please advice.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

What seller email address? If you use the "buy now" or "upgrade now" paypal buttons, it should work fine, and everything is auto-populated. I'm certain it's working.

In the future, emailing me issues like this is preferred to posting them here.
Last edited by Mangus on Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Laimis

Post by Laimis »

Sorry, i will keep in mind that.
I tried IE and Firefox, only "Upgrade Now" and "Make a Donation" buttons work for me, if i click "Buy Now" i get error i posted earlier.
So i guess i'll send the payment manualy. Thanks.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Try now.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Laimis

Post by Laimis »

Mangus wrote:Try now.
Still not working, maybe it's a regional problem, because i'm not from U.S.
Anyway i sent the payment through Donation.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Laimis wrote:
Mangus wrote:Try now.
Still not working, maybe it's a regional problem, because i'm not from U.S.
Anyway i sent the payment through Donation.
Make sure you've reloaded the page.

I did get your payment, thanks! Your key is waiting for you in your inbox.

Thanks again!
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
antus

Post by antus »

Excellent to see a V5 beta! Great work, and thanks for that. I know your probably going to be busy with implementing fixes to the current codebase for a while, but It'd be awesome if you were able to implement an ALDL byte write command for us realtime aussles running from NVRAM.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

antus wrote:Excellent to see a V5 beta! Great work, and thanks for that. I know your probably going to be busy with implementing fixes to the current codebase for a while, but It'd be awesome if you were able to implement an ALDL byte write command for us realtime aussles running from NVRAM.
I'm more likely to implement a plug-in system so that the monte can write the code to communicate with the nvram via tunerpro himself. =)
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
antus

Post by antus »

Im hanging out for that! I'll port my dos app over to a genuine TP plugin when its available. We'll need to be able to share the same ALDL datastream for logging and realtime editing somehow. At the moment there are a bunch of aussies using the dos app emulating an APU1, it works but its slowish and clunky, and hard to setup (using multiple virtual com ports on the host!)
turbodave

Post by turbodave »

Six_Shooter wrote:
robertisaar wrote:Mark: you da man!

All existing ads files can be imported to V5 and saved as ADX files. I've been doing that for months now. ;)

The "imported" dash looks just like the original V4 dash, as in 6 values, displayed in blue, with white backgrounds.

Adding new and custom dashes is where the fun comes in, I have a few dashes made for some of the ADXs I use frequently. In one of the ADX files I have 3 ro 4 different dashes saved currently, and plan to add more.
For the benefit of us dummies, how does one go about importing and ads file and making an adx file???? Everything I've tried is to no avail. There's nothing in the preferences that asks what adx file to run. And while in preferences, and boxes I check in file associations wont stick.

HELP!! How do I load an adx file? I have one in the data streams folder, but that's as far as it gets.
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

step by step:

when TP is open go to "Acquisition", then "Import Definition", then click the only box you see. select the ADS you want an ADX of, then it will ask you to save/name the ADX. when that's done, your ADX is loaded. if anything needs changed, go to "Acquisition" and then "Edit Definition".
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Or drag and drop into the tunerpro window. You can do this with any tunerpro-supported file format.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

Mangus wrote:Or drag and drop into the tunerpro window. You can do this with any tunerpro-supported file format.
i have yet to try that, but that's simpler.
JP86SS

other commands

Post by JP86SS »

How do I execute (or send) a different command string?
I couldn't figure out how to do a Mode 10 (clear faults) yesterday.
I reverted back to V4.14 to do the "Send Command" button.
Is there a quick way to do that it V5 yet?
Thanks,
John
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

There is no way to manually send a command in v5 yet. its high on the list of things to do.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
turbodave

Post by turbodave »

robertisaar wrote:step by step:

when TP is open go to "Acquisition", then "Import Definition", then click the only box you see. select the ADS you want an ADX of, then it will ask you to save/name the ADX. when that's done, your ADX is loaded. if anything needs changed, go to "Acquisition" and then "Edit Definition".

It tells me I don't have permission to save in that location, so maybe I have to buy the program to be able to run things.

Oooops, wait, just found out I had to run "as administrator". Not so sure how much I like this new WinVista.

Is that also the reason that none of the boxes I check in file associations works?
Last edited by turbodave on Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

You don't have to buy anything for anything to work. TunerPro is free and unblocked, outside of the startup dialog.

Regarding the file association - are you allowing the administration privs when you click apply? You must in order for the file associations to be committed in the system.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
turbodave

Post by turbodave »

Mangus wrote:You don't have to buy anything for anything to work. TunerPro is free and unblocked, outside of the startup dialog.

Regarding the file association - are you allowing the administration privs when you click apply? You must in order for the file associations to be committed in the system.
Yup, tried all that. Got the adx to load, but the little file association boxes that I select wont stay selected once I leave preferences and come back to it.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

turbodave wrote: Yup, tried all that. Got the adx to load, but the little file association boxes that I select wont stay selected once I leave preferences and come back to it.
What OS?
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

OK, the file association issue was a real bug. I've fixed it for the next build. I'll upload the build tonight.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

THANK YOU!!!!!

Thank you for the ability to open a second instance of Tuner Pro with the new custom tools feature.

I never was able to get a second instance to open before, even installing a second Tuner Pro file. I always got a "tuner pro is already open" error pop up.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Six_Shooter wrote:THANK YOU!!!!!

Thank you for the ability to open a second instance of Tuner Pro with the new custom tools feature.

I never was able to get a second instance to open before, even installing a second Tuner Pro file. I always got a "tuner pro is already open" error pop up.
You're welcome. You can always start Tunerpro with the -multiinstance switch. That's how the custom tool work (edit it to see).
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
sideways danny

Post by sideways danny »

one feature i'd like to see would be the ability to use the + and - keys when on table view to change a value.

Latest version is looking very nice!!
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

sideways danny wrote:one feature i'd like to see would be the ability to use the + and - keys when on table view to change a value.

Latest version is looking very nice!!
Did you check out preferences? You can assign it to whatever you want.

Also, the numpad + and - do exactly that, as does Ctrl + "=" and Ctrl + "-"
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
turbodave

Post by turbodave »

After finally getting a dash to display, I now cannot get V5 to DA:Connect.

It recognizes my hardware (Translator Pro), but will not acquire data.

I go to preferences and try and set the port to match that assigned by my laptop and the only choice shown is COM3, and I can't enter any other value?????
Why would it only give me that one choice?

The one time I plugged into another port, that port (com7) showed up in preferences and I selected that port. I hit the connect button and nothing happens.

Running windows vista home premium btw.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

turbodave wrote:After finally getting a dash to display, I now cannot get V5 to DA:Connect.

Set the interface type to "AutoProm" and try again.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
turbodave

Post by turbodave »

Mangus wrote:
turbodave wrote:After finally getting a dash to display, I now cannot get V5 to DA:Connect.

OK, but will the proper port show up on the pull down so I can select it?
turbodave

Post by turbodave »

Mangus wrote:

No help there. the DA: Not Connected indicator changes to pink and says:
DA: Connecting, and that's as far as it goes. :cry:

Also, one other note. When I change a displayed gauge on the dash to some other gauge and leave the program and come back, the changes are gone, it reverts back. :x
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

turbodave wrote:Also, one other note. When I change a displayed gauge on the dash to some other gauge and leave the program and come back, the changes are gone, it reverts back. :x
Took me a bit to figure this one out too.

You have to edit the ADX, in order for the gauges that are displayed to remain the new selection.

Aquisition>Edit Definiton...>Dash>select the dash>click on the gauge in the right selection box>click on the "..." button for a gauge selection menu>select new gauge>Save ADX.
turbodave

Post by turbodave »

Six_Shooter wrote:
turbodave wrote:Also, one other note. When I change a displayed gauge on the dash to some other gauge and leave the program and come back, the changes are gone, it reverts back. :x
Took me a bit to figure this one out too.

You have to edit the ADX, in order for the gauges that are displayed to remain the new selection.

Aquisition>Edit Definiton...>Dash>select the dash>click on the gauge in the right selection box>click on the "..." button for a gauge selection menu>select new gauge>Save ADX.
Well, my luck seems to carry on. Tried that method, got them changed, hit the save button, dashboard flickered and didn't change one bit. None of the edits I try and save work :evil:

Even if it did work, why would such a function as changing a dash gauge be made so incredibly cumbersome compared to the 4.14 version where all you had to do was right click a gauge to select/change???? :x
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

turbodave wrote:Even if it did work, why would such a function as changing a dash gauge be made so incredibly cumbersome compared to the 4.14 version where all you had to do was right click a gauge to select/change???? :x
Because I suck.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
turbodave

Post by turbodave »

Mangus wrote:
turbodave wrote:Even if it did work, why would such a function as changing a dash gauge be made so incredibly cumbersome compared to the 4.14 version where all you had to do was right click a gauge to select/change???? :x
Because I suck.
Any idea on the data post? I can live with the gauge thing, but I doesn't help much to not be able to acquire data.