NEWBIE LOOKING FOR A LITTLE TECH INFO ON TUNING AND GM CHIPS

Discuss anything tuning related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

fastline

NEWBIE LOOKING FOR A LITTLE TECH INFO ON TUNING AND GM CHIPS

Post by fastline »

Basically, I am close but not quite there. As I understand, the .bin file will be what is stored on the PROM. I will extract this read/write software. This .bin file can only be opened correctly if I have the correct mask ID and def file?

I would like to learn how to find the ECM mask ID and such to ensure I have the right files? Am I on the right track here? Is my mask and such all available on the side of the ECM or on the chip as well?

Also, I am going to be playing with my 6.5 turbo diesel, and my 95 5.7 truck. I am looking for chip info as to what chips were used by the OEM and what chips are available as replacements or comparables. Hopefully something that is more of an EEPROM or that can be erased with voltage rather than UV.
fastline

Post by fastline »

Just if it helps, I do have the A225 ans A226 specifications and ma told that is what I need. To be honest, I am not up enough on this stuff to know what I am looking at. If someone wants them to look at and verify, let's do it.

I would also like to ask if Tunerpro can be used as a real time data logger or scan tool for resetting critical pump timing and such?

EDIT: I did confirm that I do have the correct ALDL data stream files.
honken

Post by honken »

16197427 = chip 27c512.
Uv to erase solded to the chipholder
Chip and staff you need for the ecm.

http://www.moates.net/