Real Time updating not working

Report bugs found in TunerPro. Please be sure to include as much info as possible, including system specs, OS, repro steps and TunerPro version number.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

C-speed

Real Time updating not working

Post by C-speed »

Hello,
I'm new to the forums and just started using TP RT. I am using this on an Acura NSX with a custom XDF file.

P3 1.4g laptop running Windows XP and Xtronics ROMulator serial version.

TP detects the Romulator just fine. I can do an Upload/Download/Verify just fine and if I make a change to the ROM and click "Update" on the map window, it will update the ROMulator.

However, the "real time" part of it does not seem to work. In the TOOLS -> PREFERENCES -> EMULATION, I have "real time graph & slider changes" checked, but when I make a change to the ROM using the table editor (ie: offset (+/-) and click Execute), the Emulator is not updated with the new changes unless I click "Update" on the map window.

Secondly, when I click the "Update" button on the map window, the engine stalls. It does update the emulator correctly though, but I cannot keep the car running which is a pita since i have to restart the car everytime I make a change.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

The automatic update does not happen with increment/decrement. It only happens with slider bar changes and graph window changes. That you must press "update" is expected and by design.

That your car stalls could be a result of the way your ECM itself responds to the changes, or a result of the Romulator. I know that my own car will occasionally stall with both of the Romulators that I personally own. This is one reason why I've stopped using them in favor of other hardware.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am