European cars

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

calliboy

European cars

Post by calliboy »

HI, I'm new here...
I'm going to buy Autoprom APU1 USb version from MOATES.net, but I've got a question......

This package is proper to emulate, read and write to European cars eprom???like citroen, peugeot, renault, fiat, ecc ecc....=?????

thank's in advance

G lilla
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

As long as the ECM/U in those cars use a 27sf512 or similar E/EPROM, then, yes. You may have to "chip" the ECM/U, similar to what is done with Honda ECUs, but I can't answer that for you.
calliboy

Post by calliboy »

:? So, can you tell me which vehicles you can surely be programmed??
models or brands....

I have this question because in Italy an emulator costs ten times so much...
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

calliboy wrote::? So, can you tell me which vehicles you can surely be programmed??
models or brands....

I have this question because in Italy an emulator costs ten times so much...
Nope, and it may not really be by vehicle brands or model but moreso by ECM/U. I.E. Most OBD1 GM vehicles can be tuned, there are some exceptions though and that is limited more by definition files than the hardware.

You would need to do more research on each ECM/U for each vehicle you want to tune, and what is required for each, what hardware is used, etc.

If emulators are available for these cars, then it's only a matter of finding out how those emulators work, how they interface to determine if another product will also work.
calliboy

Post by calliboy »

I have found the codes of the ECU of burdens cars on which I would want to work, I quotas only burdens of it but I believe that they macaws enough as example... I wants to know above all if automprom is the correct hardware....

Lancia Delta 16v turbo evo------>IAW Marelli WH4WE.08/90P...9D
Eprom 166.01 90P/9D type 27C128
Checksum 5AD7

Renault Clio 1.8 16v------------->ECU code 101715103B (Siemens)
Checksum 6679
Eprom type 27C256

Peugeot 106 rally 1.3------------>IAW 8P_40
Eprom code 16143.124 type 27C512
Checksum B59A
after this type of cars I want to start to also devote me to the most recent that use the OBD...
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

If the cars you wish to tune are typically "chippable" in that they take 28 pin chips, then they're likely supported.

However, you'll need the proper software to tune them. You'll have to acquire that software outside of Moates.net and TunerPro. TunerPro supports a very limited set of European vehicles.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
calliboy

Post by calliboy »

few European cars??
Yas, I know the eproms have 28 pins, therefore why tunerpro is not correct??the files contained bins in the european eproms are not equal to those American??
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Definition files. You'll need to create the definition files for the vehicles you wish to tune.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
calliboy

Post by calliboy »

ok, this I had realized it reading other post, the problem for me it is the as to create this file... I would want to understand what it waits me...
Are knowledges necessary speaking of a specific programming language? or is it a realizable procedure using tunerpro??
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

You would need to have access to the address and data informaiton for your particular vehicle, which usually involves disassembling your vehicle's binary. It is not a simple process, and you would need more than TunerPro to do it.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
calliboy

Post by calliboy »

mmm... me currently use other programs (for example winOls, only to learn to read the maps because I don't possess an emulator...) that don't need the file xdf... all it takes is knowing you address him some various maps (those of the most diffused cars are known for know-how) or they exist some books with you address him...

does it interest me tuner for because it works with autoprom but where will I find the files xdf? where do I find the necessary information to build the file xdf of a specific

than'ks a lot
Turbochris

Post by Turbochris »

If you found and identified a map in WinOLS for example, you create a definition file (XDF) for TunerPro. Best is to use existing XDF´s and modify them to fit your maps.

For most aspirated cars, fuel and ignition maps are enough to tune, maybe the RPM limiter is useful. The last is not easy to identify, but most adressses are no secrets any more. Turbo cars like the Lancia EVO have turbo maps that have to be modified, same applies for the boost limiter.

If you use WinOLS, use the compare function, takes you 25 seconds to find all differences between a stock and tuned file... this helps a lot.

The Ostrich works great on these EPROMs and can be used instead of a burned chip.

PS APU1 should work too...

Chris
calliboy

Post by calliboy »

great!! do you confirm me then that if I will buy apu1 I will have the same possibilities to operate (or great ) that I would have with ostrich???

great, and speaking of the connection obd of the apu1 is worth the same discourse?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

thank you very very much 8) 8)
Turbochris

Post by Turbochris »

The new Ostrich has a trace funktion, that TunerPro will use in the future, as far as I know.

Dont know what the other hardwre can do in this direction.
Lafuente

Post by Lafuente »

Hi CalliBoy,

I can send you adresses for Siemens ECU mounted on Renault 21 Turbo if you want :-)

Best regards.