Adjusting VE tables?

Discuss anything tuning related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

480ss

Adjusting VE tables?

Post by 480ss »

I've just finished dropping the 1973 472+.030 Cadillac engine and drivetrain (2.93 posi rear) into my '90 Chevy C-1500 I got everything to hookup thanks to a bit or research on the GMECM site. I'm using a Holley 2bbl TBI with two 80-85# injectors making it about equal to the BBC TBI. I know this is probably a bit marginal/small but it's what I had sitting around at the time so it'll have to do for now. I burned a chip with the AZFT bin twice and both times gave a fast flash on the SES light. So next I tried the ANTZ bin and it worked and ran reasonably well but it gave me no passing gear. (no problem though with this much torque) LOL ( Good enough to drive to Kokomo IN.(250 mi each way) and tow home a '70 Eldorado parts car for my next project)
I'm using Tuner Pro, an epromer6, and WINALDL.
When I adjust the VE tables should I use the BLM wide avg numbers or the BLM wide latest as a best reference for adjustments?
Also when I do these corrections Numbers above 128 mean the cell is Lean and the VE number should be adjusted up the corresponding percentage?
And that Nunbers below 128 mean that the cell is Rich and the VE number needs to be adjusted down the corresponding percentage. Am I correct?

Any other Ideas?

Thanks,
Kurt
'90 Chevy C-1500
+ 472 +.030 Cadillac
= 480ss (roughly)