2022 Honda CFR110 TUNING

Discuss all other Motorcycle tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.
crf89

2022 Honda CFR110 TUNING

Post by crf89 »

Hi guys,

updated question: Is there a difference between a M16C and a R8C XDF file?

has anyone successfully tuned a 2022 Honda CRF110?
I ventured this way with mine and it has been difficult but I'll share my finding!
My bike a 2022 Australian model, ECU is a Keihin KYKD1A 38770-KYK-D12 with a R8C chip in it (R5F21548G)
  • First I purchased MCU innovation hondaecu Kline to find that it doesn't read R8C ecu properly. If you read it and you get an bin file under 64Kb DO NOT WRITE IT BACK! it will brick
  • Then after physically opening the ECU, I have used renesas flash dev tool and a duinotech usb to serial adaptor to get a full read of the original BIN file.
    the R8c chip is 64K of userfalsh and 4K of dataflash, yet the BIN file is 96Kb. HondaECU from MCU innovation wont let you write this 96Kb into the ECU.
    After some BIN editing to remove the data flash out of the full read and only keep the user flash you get a 64Kb that now become valid through HondaECU sofware.
  • TUNERPRO come in the game now and I need a XDF definition file to match this R8C BIN.
    Is there a difference between a M16C and a R8C XDF?
    Oldskulltuning are very busy and couldn't help me but I will try my luck again soon.
Cheers guys
Chatchai

Re: 2022 Honda CFR110 TUNING

Post by Chatchai »

you can post .bin files here or PM to me maybe I can help for XDF
crf89

Re: 2022 Honda CFR110 TUNING

Post by crf89 »

Fuel and Spark seams to be OK but REV limiter doesn't make any changes...
This is obviously just the 64k user flash. Do you know what the 4K data flash contain?

not sure how to send you those files here or via PM (error=invalid file extension) when I drag and drop