V5 compatibility and usage

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

Cheapskateracecar

V5 compatibility and usage

Post by Cheapskateracecar »

Ive been all over the place the past week with different cables and softwares trying to put together a reasonable way of tuning my car. I keep coming back to tunerpro but i am unable to get any hardware to operate with the RT version. After messing around with the regular version in a copy of my cars bin file i also found that i cant save the files without a checksum error. The files still save but i dont know enough about what that error means to attempt to actually use those files. I get this error even if i altered nothing. Im on a windows 11 laptop with the most current versions of tunerpro and tunerpro RT. Last thing is that i wonder if anyone knows how i might be able to input wideband data, or if its even possible here. I also have the same inability to communicate with pcm logger although pcm hammer works fine. Im not sure if these are related.

Thank you to anyone who responds.
dex
The Ford Guy

Re: V5 compatibility and usage

Post by dex »

It sounds like the definition you are using does not update the checksum(s) correctly if you get a checksum error when saving an unaltered calibration.