Arduino Integration?

Submit feature suggestions for future versions of TunerPro here.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

bluegizmo83

Arduino Integration?

Post by bluegizmo83 »

Would it be possible to have TunerPro be able to communicate with an Arduino board on a separate Com Port to send and receive serial commands to and from the Arduino board? And also have an option to add buttons to the TunerPro gauge dashboard?

Just one example of how this could be useful: If I have a Nitrous system setup in my car with a remote bottle opener, I could run the remote bottle opener through the Arduino board as a switch to open and close the bottle, and then have a button on the TunerPro dashboard that sends a text string over serial to the Arduino which then activates the remote bottle opener to open or close the valve.

The possibilities of TunerPro Dashboard buttons and Arduino communication integration are endless, that was just one example.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

TunerPro can only operate on a single COM port at a time. I've had quite a few requests to support more than one port, and I'd like to do it, but I'd need to work through some usibility issues with that.

Once more than one COM port is supported, this is possible.

I plan to add buttons to the dash, but it's pretty low on the list.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
burdbrain68

Re: Arduino Integration?

Post by burdbrain68 »

The usability by GM 0411 ECU ladder logic is certainly there. The holy grail would be to flash known files and systems to a Arduino board that could be made on the bench. Arduino designs today seam more capable in theory until you actually have to chip a board.
BIN Files on O411 ECU's associated with the EVAP system are large enough to easily integrate tricky limit switches, timers and tricky fuel management for nitrous" possibly". When I look at what the tuner-pro builder has done so far its humbling!