Help reading/writing Bosch ECU

Discuss Bosch (Porsche, BMW, Volvo, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

pinstripebob

Help reading/writing Bosch ECU

Post by pinstripebob »

Hi all! I have done quite a bit of tuning with EFILive and HP Tuners in the past, a long time ago I dabbled with some Moates stuff and GM OBDI.

I'm helping a friend with a 2014 328D who wants to make some intake/turbo modifications, and I want to help him with tuning. I found a few places that provide canned tunes, or will build a tune for you based off what you tell them or what logs you send them, but it looks like options for editing calibrations on my own and flashing them is limited.

TunerPro seems relatively straightforward, but the big hurdle I'm having trouble figuring out is how to read/write the tune to the ECU. Are there any instructions or any pointers to help with this? I believe it uses Bosch ECU 0281018558 or 0281019810, OS is either 1037522658 1037528403.

Is there a cable/adapter I need to build or buy, or does the ECU need to be pulled out of the car so it can be read straight off the chip?

Any help would be great, thanks!